Gender disappointment.

plusizedbarbie
on 6/10/11 3:46 am - Manahawkin, NJ
Anyone experience this?  I have a strong feeling we are having a little boy.  I want another girl SO bad.  I know I will be alright if it's a boy but I will be kind of upset. 

Anyone really have a gender preference, and end up with the other, how long did it take for you to be ok with it?
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

mumuvtwogrlz
on 6/10/11 3:57 am - Oshawa, Canada
We really wanted a little boy. We already had two girls.
I was upset for a couple hours and then I got over it lol
I wouldnt change her for the world.
So we are sooooo happy with our three girls :-)
Just REALLY hoping for a boy the next time hahaha

Lilypie - (y7YD) Lilypie - (NAAZ)
   Tatum is 5 years old             Kendall is 7 years old
Born on April 30th 2006        Born on July 31st 2004

pirate_mommy
on 6/10/11 4:18 am
If I am being honest, Yes, I really wanted a boy this time. I was crushed when I saw she was a girl. However, that didn't last long at all, and now I can't imagine her any other way and I am really excited.

I think I felt like it would be better for my husband to have a boy (super lame - he's an amazing daddy to Lydia) and I think its mostly me ... I get scared I won't be able to raise a confident, responsible, secure, creative, and independent daughter - much less two! But, again, that's my own bucket o' fear from my own upbringing.
Also, when I talk to women who have sisters who are close in age, they all assure me their sisters are their best friends and they wouldn't have it any other way.

boomsheeka01
on 6/10/11 4:44 am - Killeen, TX
I have my heart set on a GIRL!!!  But honestly I have been praying too hard for this little miracle to be picky....if its a boy I will be JUST as happy!!!  28 days til I find out!!  :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Bailey's Mommy!
on 6/10/11 5:05 am - Sacramento, CA
I have felt like that too. It's funny how we are desperate to get pregnant- then get picky- lol. Honestly I was dissapointed at first when I found out Carter was a boy- maybe it was because girls were all I knew- but I got over it because I wanted him so badly and all that mattered was that he was happy and healthy. Honestly I wouldn't change it for the world. I love that little boy more then words can describe. Just look forward to things like train tables, leggos, and getting fire hosed at 2 am!
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

cass2399
on 6/10/11 5:15 am - Sabattus, ME
Yup, I completely understand.  I was convinced that this baby was another girl, which is what we all wanted (even my 12 year old daughter).  We had an ultrasound done at 20 weeks that said it was a girl.  We were all very excited.  Well at 30 weeks we had another ultrasound done and were told that this baby was not a girl and was very much a boy.  My daughter was extremely disappointed.  She actually cried.  I was a bit upset as was my husband since we had our hearts set on a girl after being told that.  We have all since gotten over it and are very happy to be having a boy, although I am a bit scared since I don't know what to do with a boy, lol.
IamMrsMcDole
on 6/10/11 5:44 am - Anderson, IN
I wanted a boy soooo bad!!! I was disappointed when she said girl but then when I didn't have to buy anything but the bedding I was more than happy!!! Now I am happy b/c I hope they are best friends. So u may be disappointed at first but trust me you will live this baby sooo much!
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

stacey0523
on 6/10/11 5:55 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I really wanted a girl when I was pregnant with my son and I was a bit disappointed to find out he was a boy (I REALLY hate even admitting that now).  He is my world, he is the sweetest thing and soooo much fun! I am REALLY hoping this baby is a girl only because we have 2 boys so a girl would be a nice change.  I think if I have another boy I will be a little upset but it would be more from the comments.  I hate that people make comments to you when you only have babies of one sex.  My mom had 3 girls and never once wanted to try for a 4th to try for a boy.  Plus we are adopting our second baby soon and have talked about even adopting a 4th later on down the road.  If I have a boy this time we will just make sure to adopt a girl in a few years!
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
SHANNYN B.
on 6/10/11 8:07 am
my second son I was convinced was a girl when they said boy I cried. Took a couple days then I went shopping for boy clothes and felt better. When I was pregnant with Hayvann and the twins I told myself they were boys so I would not be disappointed. LOL now I took over with girls
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

delightful74
on 6/10/11 8:11 am - Fairburn, GA
Dear Plusizedbarbie,

I showed my natural black a$$ at the OB/GYN's office. It was not the shining moment in my pregnancy. I mean boo-hooing and acting like they told me I was having septuplets. My two best friends were there and calmed me down. I had my mind made up that I was having a boy. It lasted until I spoke to her dad on the phone (about an hour). I can't imagine having a boy now, lol.  That's my confession for the day,  lol. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1253 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1328 views