My realize band

Rhonda C.
on 7/15/08 7:30 am - Kansas City, KS
So I was banded on the 26th and well since our bands are much larger how many cc's for the first fill is a norm??  I go on the 31st!!!!
tommiejean_27
on 7/15/08 11:48 am - Sherwood, AR

I got my first fill on July 10th.  My doctor put 4 cc's in the band.  He said this is what the manufacturer recommends.  He will put in .5 cc's every 4 weeks until we are get good restriction.  Good luck!

Surgery Date - June 13, 2008

Rhonda C.
on 7/15/08 12:16 pm - Kansas City, KS
Thank you

Why did I know you would be the first to respond?!?!?!?
Hamida D.
on 7/15/08 11:52 pm - jacksonville, FL
Hi,

I got my first fill on 06-20-2008 and received 3cc's. My second fill was on 07-11 and I received 3 more. I had to go back and take .5 cc's out, so I have a total of 5.5 cc's after 2 fills.

Rhonda C.
on 7/16/08 12:35 am - Kansas City, KS
Thank you Hamida!!!  I hope we go slow too!!!!
JLC88
on 7/17/08 2:36 am

Hey yall!!  I was banded on July 3rd.  I go for my first fill on July 30.  I have no idea they will put in.  How was the actual fill though?  Painful? 

verypeaceful
on 7/19/08 1:43 am
I received the Realize Band 3 days ago on the 16th of July. Is it normal to have this swollen feeling around the top of my stomach and if yes, how long will it last.
Thanks,
Denise
Tom C.
on 7/20/08 9:33 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I just got my fill last Tuesday (July 15) and the Doctor put in 5 cc (which I thought was a lot since the Realize band only holds 9 cc). My Doctors originally put in 6 cc, and tested my tolerance (I swallowed barium and we looked how the liquid progresses with a fluoroscope). I realized I felt too much pressure, and was having a problem swallowing, so he took out some and tested me again. I was still having a little discomfort, so he took some more out for a total of 1 cc   My biggest advice, listen to your body!! If you feel you are having problems swallowing, ask to have a little removed. But remember, after a day or so you should be back to normal, and some folks are disappointed their fill didn’t work the first time around. So know your tolerance level. If you feel a slight discomfort, but know you can swallow without any problems, and then stick with it. I did that, and in a few days I was back to normal. I can eat/drink normally (but in smaller portions).
audreynicole
on 7/22/08 9:46 am - Friendswood, TX
Hi everyone.  I was banded with the relize band on March 14th of this year.  I am four months out and I must say I am pretty happy.  I go in for my 4th fill next week.  I can tell I am almost at my sweet spot.  I have been losing and feel great.  Hang in there to all of you that are just getting started.  I need to update my weight but it is currently 195.
Audrey
Woodsy
on 8/8/08 1:31 am - MI
My doctor is taking is really slow. I was banded Jan 3rd of this year and I am finally up to 7cc.  I can still eat a cheesburger, so now I am thinking I need more.  He told me that most patents go between 6.5 and 8cc's.  I have only lost 31 pounds since surgery and yes I exercise, but he tells me thats where I want to be.  I have to trust him on this. 

Woodsy
Realize Bank 1/3/08
7cc
Most Active