Got a Date

Khaliha
on 5/14/11 3:04 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Everyone,
 I got my surgery date. June 3rd at 2:30pm. I am UBBER XCITED!!!. I have my last set of pre op blood work on 5/27. I will then start my 5 day pre op diet on the May 30th. Yikes! Right before Memorial Day...with all that yummy food. ugh!! But hey, I gotta do what I gotta do right? For the last 6mos mos  I have been working on a new...June 3rd is my day to a skinny, healthier Me!!!  Yeah. So any advice on your experience post op? Pain issues, scarring, sagging skin? Let me know. God Bless ttyl

Amy B.
on 5/14/11 6:39 am
 Congratulations! The best advice I can give is to make sure you have a very firm pillow ready immediately after surgery and for the ride home. My surgeon gives them out at surgery, but if yours doesn't, a baby boppy would work great.
One day at a time.  
Khaliha
on 5/14/11 7:24 am - San Diego, CA
Thank you Amy! I will have to make sure I have one come surgery day.

You cannot escape the responsibility of TOMORROW by evading it TODAY!!
Kim H.
on 5/14/11 8:39 am - Duluth, MN
Five day pre op diet? Is it a liquid diet? I was on the pre op diet for 2 weeks. Anyone else only 5 day pre op diet?
In any case, congratulations on the date! I am sure you will do well, because YOU know how much you want this! Keep us posted!

~Kim~

Khaliha
on 5/16/11 12:45 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Amy,

I have to undergo a clear liquid diet for 5 days. 3 protien shakes and broth.. Thank you for all the well wishes. I will keep you all posted.

Tom C.
on 5/15/11 2:29 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS on your official date!! Your spot on the Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle is waiting to be claimed!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Khaliha
on 5/16/11 12:46 pm - San Diego, CA
Thks Tom,

Yesss! I can't wait for join you all ion the Losers bench in the Winners Circle!

kimkeever
on 5/16/11 1:04 am - AZ
congratulations on your surgery date!!  How exciting...My advice would be to do what your doctor says.  I had pain issues, but after a week I started feeling better...Scarring, I have about 5 scars, 4 small and 1 about 2.5".  After you heal up you probably can start using Mederma which will fade them pretty good...But, again ask your doctor on stuff like that...In one respect u r lucky, I had to go thru a 2 week liquid protien diet.....
Good luck with your surgery!!!

Khaliha
on 5/16/11 12:54 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Kim,
Wow, scars huh? The Asst. Surgeon advise me of the 4. Two on each side. I will surley ask about the Mederma before I go buy some because I do scar easily. Thank for the heads up!

Most Active