Day 2 of clear liquid pre-op diet

Khaliha
on 5/30/11 8:23 am - San Diego, CA
Yesterday, all the mmm..good for was being prepared for the grill. I almost crewed my arm off!! lol.  I had a terrible hunger headache. Then today was a little bit better. My church had their Memorial Day picnic, and I couldnt jus not show up. I was more prepared today though, 3 protein shakes, flavored water and broth is on my daily menu. I'm doing good so far. I hear Day 3 of clears is hard. Keep me in your prayers.

You cannot escape the responsibility of TOMORROW by evading it TODAY!!
Chelsea D.
on 5/30/11 8:29 am
Today is my 2nd day as well! Im having a hard time getting my shakes in...they make me nauseous. I have unflavored powder coming in a couple days to add to my "broth" which is actually the seasoning from Ramen noodles added to boiling water, yummy! Good luck to you!! I will be praying for you as I am praying for myself!!! It'll be well worth it!!
Khaliha
on 5/31/11 3:41 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Chelsea,
I purchased these EAS AdvantiCarb protein shakes from Target and Walmart. They come in Vanilla, strawberry and Chocolate. They are okay...4 shakes in a carton. I was drinking the swanson chicken broth, but it was starting to smell to me, so I starting using the Top Ramon seasoning packets too. lol. Great minds think alike. Thank you I'll be praying for you as well. Stay Strong.

Tom C.
on 5/31/11 12:30 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Of course you're in my prayers. Know I am here if you need.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Khaliha
on 5/31/11 3:42 pm - San Diego, CA
Thanks Tom!

kimkeever
on 5/31/11 1:47 am - AZ
You are in my prayers as well.  I did have a hard time when I was doing my protein shakes and clear liquids because I had company in town and so they wanted to go out to eat every night (grrr) but pretty much I just ended up drinking iced tea while they all ate...One night I did have egg drop soup with pretty much just the broth and couldnt eat the whole bowl...You can do it!! If you can get past the 3rd day then you should have no problem...I looked at it this way, if I could have the will power to get through the liquid diet then I will succeed on the life time lifestyle change...

My prayers are with you and good luck

Khaliha
on 5/31/11 3:45 pm - San Diego, CA
Aww...thanks for that encouraging message. Your are right. I CAN DO THIS! it's all down hill from here. I made it threw everyone eating in my face, and this is day 3 for me. Bring it on clear liquids!!! lol

Most Active