Two Questions

mmrh809
on 8/26/11 2:01 am - FAIR LAWN, NJ
REALIZE Band on 01/07/11 with
Hi All
Hoping that you have some information for me. I am 8 monthss out and lost 96. I feel like my hair is thinning. Did anyone else have this problem? How bad did it get? Did it come back?

Also- I was under the impression that I needed to get fills forever. I just found out that this is not so. I never feel overly full but....can eat 8 oz if I let myself(which I don't). I do have a slight problem if I don't chew REALLY well. How do I know when I need a fill?
Michelle

JodiBoda
on 8/26/11 3:34 am - Butler, PA
Congratulations!  96 in 8 mos...that is AWESOME!  Esp for the band.  Rapid weight loss usually leads to hair loss/thinning.  It does come back. 

Rapid weight loss can also lead to gall bladder problems.  Please talk to your surgeon about that.  Most people with the band don't lose fast enough to worry too much about it, but you're on a real roll! 

As my surgeon told me, sometimes the better you do, the more your body punishes you (hair loss, gall bladder, saggy skin, etc.).

As for fills, no, you don't need fills forever.  Some people need more than others, and some need adjustments here and there, but it's not continuous fills.  As for how you know...I'll let the veteran bandsters take that one.  I have an idea, but I am still REALLY new, so my answers are based on research or friend's experiences, not personal experience myself.

Good luck, and again, congrats!

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

Tom C.
on 8/26/11 4:39 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Jodi,

For a newbie you hit the nail right on the head :D
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 8/27/11 4:54 am - Duluth, MN
I noticed that my hair is thinning and my fingernails are getting soft. The way my nutritionist explained it to me is: The protein we eat is going to the ESSENTIAL organs in our bodies and for now ignoring the non- essential ones, like hair and nails...it is a bummer but I am hoping that the hair will thicken again and the nails will get harder. I guess I am noticing the nails getting harder again , but I so want to wear fake nails, but that just did more harm. Ah, vanity HAHAHAHA. Hope you all are having a terrific weekend!

~Kim~

Kim H.
on 8/27/11 4:56 am - Duluth, MN
LOVE YOUR QUOTE!!!! LOVE HELEN KELLER!!!

~Kim~

Tooty
on 8/30/11 4:30 am - Germantown, TN
My hair falls out from time to time..but I have a lot of it..lol...Just make sure to get in all your protein and take vitamins. 

I am just about to my ultimate goal (7 more pounds) and I think I had one or two fills last year.  I just had a very small fill last month.  You won't need more fills unless you need to lose more weight.  Once you get close to goal and you have restriction and are not eating too much, then you are set.   Maybe just a very slight tweek from time to time....you'll know it if you need it because you will be eating more or possibly gaining weight... ;o)
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Dedi
on 9/19/11 4:54 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
if you get over full you will realize that quickly... its almost like heartburn... when you lay down it starts to bother you... 

Once you find your right fill amount, you are set.

Dedi

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

Kenworthlady
on 9/25/11 12:16 pm - KY
I had a fill the other day, well it was to much, I thought i was having a heart attack, my chest hurt , and it run around my back, really painful, i started slimeing, couldnt even swallow my own spit. Ouch it wasnt a fun experience. had to go back and have some of the fill took out................I am two years out and have lost 70 lbs. I love my band. Its a slow go but it is going the right direction.
kenworthlady            
Most Active