UMR insurance

horseychick
on 11/14/11 10:50 pm
Does anyone know for sure what the co-morbidities HAVE to be for this insurance to cover?

I have had high blood pressure in the past, as well as irregular periods, asthma and joint pain.

My insurance must be looking at my current weight vs. previous weights and issues.

Very annoying! 
Tom C.
on 11/14/11 11:17 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
You are correct in thinking the insurance companies will try to make it difficult, but don't give up.

Hopefully this link will help with your question.

www.robertorizzi.com/co-morbidities.htm

Also, if you have a very good bariatric Doctor, they will be able to "refresh" your memory of some of the issues you're having (example sleeping disorder)
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
horseychick
on 11/14/11 11:18 pm
 Thank you. :) I spoke to one of the staff and they want me to do a sleep study ASAP.

I DO wake up a lot, and thought it was allergies....maybe it's sleep apnea.
Kim H.
on 11/18/11 5:58 pm - Duluth, MN
horseychick
on 11/29/11 11:29 pm
 Yay!  I was approved.

Surgery is either the 13th or the 20th, I was offered both dates and will know soon.

WHEW!  I am excited.
Most Active