Pain when eating

Denise R.
on 7/13/12 3:22 am - Manchester, NH
Hello I am hoping for some help. I have a port leak and will have it replaced and relocated at the end of the month. I was refilled the other day and unfortunately overfilled and was bubbling for the last 24 hours. Very uncomfortable and I was dehydrating. Dr removes some fill and it got better. However I still have to take really small sips and even thin smooth food seems hard to go down and still hurts. Causes me to hic-up a lot very scared something else is wrong and fearful to call Dr I feel like such a pest. Could I just be very irritated from the overfill. Has this happened to anyone else. Thanks for anyone's help.

MrsPotter3
on 7/13/12 4:26 am
 I doubt your dr would think you are a pest. If you are unable to eat and keep properly hydrated you need to tell your dr again and again until he listens. I can't say as to if there is something else wrong. I would definitely call the dr today since its friday and you don't want to go through the weekend with pain. 
God Bless and I hope you feel better soon!

Stephanie M.
on 7/14/12 2:44 am
 Sounds like you are either still irritated from the over-fill or still need more removed...any better today?

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Denise R.
on 7/14/12 7:10 am - Manchester, NH
Thank you for your support. I ended up in the emergency room and was then admitted. They removed all the fluid from my band. Did an x-ray and CT scan. It looks like I dodged a bullet. My band is in its correct position and the is no slippage. It is believed that I got over filled and that caused lots of swelling. I'm on phase 1 diet right now and will be ad advanced soon to phase 2. I feel a lot better now and with some more rest the swelling should go down more. Thanks everyone.

Stephanie M.
on 7/14/12 7:15 am
 Wow, glad you are feeling better!!!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active