snacks

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/15 8:44 am
WLS on 10/18/11

What are some of your quick and easy grab and go type snack idea's? In the evening while watching tv is my danger time :/

sds0029
on 12/10/15 4:17 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Grapes, hummus with celery or baked spicy pork skins. 

Good luck

Brandi Girl
on 12/10/15 4:38 pm
WLS on 10/18/11

This might sound crazy, but I have never tried humus!! haha Guess this might be the time to give it a try :) Thanks for the idea's.

docbad32
on 12/10/15 2:18 pm

My worst snacking time comes in the car on road trips.  For that I usually stick to jerkey.  Protein, low carb, pretty decent on calories, and if I eat too much my jaw gets so sore I can't really chew for a while.

VSG:  3/12/15

Brandi Girl
on 12/10/15 4:36 pm
WLS on 10/18/11

I do enjoy jerky for a quick snack too. But some times the high sodium makes me hold water and stalls my weight loss :(

Sandra F.
on 12/30/15 6:17 am

I have to add reduced fat cheddar cheese sticks by Sargento or pickles.  The pickles don't add anything in the way of protein but are low in calories and fat and so dang good.

isign4u
on 1/18/16 7:51 pm

I don't know what stage you are in.... have you tried pistachios? They have some protein, are good for you and will slow down your eating/shaving bc they take a while top get it of the shell.   I prefer this bc it take a little longer to eat when snacking.  And I only buy snack size so I don't go over board.

You can make parmesean crackers .....like 30 secs in the micro and they last several days in a ziploc

Roasted chick peas with any kind of flavoring.  You can make spicy or sweet.  

Roasted cauliflower. .. i eat it like popcorn

Kale chips

As someone who is two years out. ..TV is a total trigger fir me. It's one of my goals this year to cut way down bc I associate it with the bad habits of eating too much at night.  It becomes ritualistic. 

Good luck! 

"One mistake does not a day make"        
Brandi Girl
on 1/19/16 4:57 am
WLS on 10/18/11

All great idea's! I haven't yet tried to make parmesean crackers, kale chips or roasted cauliflower so I will have to look them up and find out how. I do snack on chick peas some times and enjoy them.

As far as pistachios go, while I will once in a great while enjoy them, they are so VERY expensive that I can seldom get myself to purchase them instead of something more reasonably priced! I do try not to worry about things like that since all in all I am eating SO much less food that is more than justifies buying higher price healthy alternatives. 

Evening tv time is a hard time for both my husband and I, we work hard and long hours so we try to tell ourselves we are "due" a snack by the tv. But for the past month I have been trying to replace snacking with surfing the web for healthy meal idea's and coming to this site looking for motivation! I find it is a good way to start my day and end it :)

Best of luck to us all and thank you to everyone for all the support!

Most Active