Mock Panda Express Mushroom Chicken :)

Donna L.
on 11/13/16 10:28 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I made this without the cornstarch (the cornstarch adds 21g of carbs, for the curious.  It came out pretty decent.  If you really wanted to you could probably just leave it, though, as it makes decent sized servings.  I doubled the amount of chicken and used thighs instead, and I also didn't add rice wine vinegar.  Easier than actually going to Panda Express!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Renren
on 11/21/16 10:41 am
VSG on 12/02/15

This recipe would be a good use for your leftover turkey. Happy thanksgiving 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Gladgrad
on 11/27/16 9:36 am
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 6:48 am

No way on the cornstarch !!! There's a real eye opener !

What a lot of Orientals substitute is Arrowroot which gives much less of a glycemic index jump . Arrowroot is actually their traditional thickener ( corn obviously comes from the Americas )

its just a bit more expensive and harder to find ( but not really difficult it's in the spice section) diabetics use it too .

Most Active