Cost of Stomaphyx

mrgiedrnkr
on 10/10/07 12:50 am - NE
My friend is an RNY patient and I told her about this procedure that I had seen discussed.  Can anyone give me a ballpark of the costs?  I know it will vary by doctor, region, etc but we were just curious how much it was.   Thanks!

Stacy

darnell239
on 10/10/07 3:09 am - Columbia, SC
I heard the cost was 9,000-9,500.  I hope that helps.
intohisheart
on 10/5/08 9:30 am
Hi,darnell239,

I had my roux-n-y  in Nov 2001. I have been to see Dr. Bauman to set up a revision. i also am going to have a stomaphyx at the same time. How did yours go? I really liked him as a physician. I am having some trouble getting the insurance filed by the office. any suggestions? I pray that yu are doing good since your revision. Thanks ahead of time for any info or suggestions that you can pass along. solamon1
darnell239
on 10/5/08 9:15 pm - Columbia, SC
I am going to recommend that you read my profile.  I think that will answer all your questions.  Please read it. 
JRinAZ
on 10/10/07 5:11 am - Layton, UT
Dr. Eric Schlesinger in Phoenix is $8,000 for StomaphyX.  After calling the offices of Dr. Garber and DR. Overcash regarding insurance, apparently original insurance coverage was never paid out to the docs so unless someone qualifies for an actual revision, then they aren't getting covered now.  I'll be having my phyx wih Dr. S in Phoenix - without insurance coverage :( .
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

jerrinebob
on 11/28/09 2:30 am
Did you have your surgery?  If so, how did it go??
Thank you.
tina01
on 10/11/07 6:56 am - Wilmington, DE
Hi, The Stomaphyx procedure is not covered by insurance at this time.  Even if you do have a revision with a Stomaphyx, the Stomphyx portion of the surgery will still not be covered.   My thoughts, if you need it, get it.  You only live once, and not living it is not an option.  :-) T
MonicaCa126
on 10/11/07 10:49 am - Redwood City, CA
Hi there I had it done Sept 24th and my insurance denied it. The cost for me was 10,500. And that was with the overnight fee at the hospital since my Dr, Dr Wetter wanted to "observe" me. Im near San Francisco. Hope that helps! Monica
robinnlea
on 10/15/08 5:47 am - covington, WA
Can you please tell me how the Stomaphyx is working for you?  I am thinking about getting it.  Please email me at [email protected]

thanks.
KRWaters
on 10/12/07 7:01 am - Manteca, CA
Most Active
Recent Topics