Restore Trial - Procedure Friday any advice?

NueBelieve
on 1/16/08 2:20 am - PA
To those of you who have had the Stomaphyx done during the "Restore Trial" any advice? I live an hour away from Tmeple University Hospital so hopefully wont be to bad. Any input would be great.  Thanks  :)
Betsy C.
on 1/16/08 3:01 am - Efland, NC
So let me understand you correctly, are you having the Stomaphyx procedure or the Restore study procedure done this Friday?  As far as I know they are two separate things.  I am in consideration for the Restore study at Hopkins, and will hopefully know by the end of this week if I qualify. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

NueBelieve
on 1/16/08 5:03 am - PA
At Temple University Hospital I've been accepted into the Restore Trials under their Grant. The prodecdure they will preform to correct my enlarged stoma which have caused me to regain weight is called Stomaphyx.  I'm not sure I'm familiar with the restore procedure. Can you share any links you have on this? Thanks and Good Luck to you! :)
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/08 5:16 am
I had the RESTORe procedure in Cleveland November 6.  In this procedure the stoma is tightened (like you said), but this is NOT called Stomaphyx.  Stomaphyx is a completely different procedure that tightens the pouch and possibly the stoma as well (there's been some discussion as to whether or not both are done-I don't know for sure either way).   Here is a link for stomaphyx http://www.endogastricsolutions.com/index.php?src=gendocs&re f=StomaphyX&category=Products.    As far as advice, I would recommend having some liquid tylenol on hand at home in case you have the severe sore throat the day of and the day after the procedure like I did.  Drinking warm liquids (broth) helped somewhat.  Good luck!!!
NueBelieve
on 1/16/08 5:31 am - PA

I have been to 2 sessions that were required for the study. I was mistaken in that the device used is called the Stomaphyx not the actual procedure. He is the link My Hospital and Doctor shared with the 9 of us.  Thanks for the liquid tylenol idea....I will surely get some tomorrow. Tomorrow morning starts the lovely Fleet Phospho-soda lol. I also have to take it again tomorrow night and of course no eating...just clear liquids that really amount to jus****er ugh

Thanks for your response and continued success! :) http://www.noscarsurgery.net/

Janelle S.
on 1/16/08 9:26 am - Metairie, LA
The link you referred to only mentions Stomaphyx, not Restore.
NueBelieve
on 1/16/08 10:26 am - PA

Yes I know...its to explain more in detail about the device.

:)

happy girl
on 1/16/08 10:11 pm
I think maybe your location is calling it's trial program the "restore trial" and it's a coincidence that there is another one out there with the same name.  To me, it sounds like you are having the stomaphyx and Temple are calling their study of that the "Restore Trial"  or am I totally wrong here? It wouldn't be possible to have the stomaphyx and the RESTORe procedure that some of us are having/had...I mean it's possible, it just doesn't make sense.  Reese = confused

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Betsy C.
on 1/16/08 10:05 pm - Efland, NC
Here is the link to the RESTORe study: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00394212?recr=open&intr=%22gastric+bypass%22 Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Betsy C.
on 1/16/08 7:28 am - Efland, NC
lullaby123:  Do you feel you had the actual procedure and not the "sham" procedure?  How has your weight loss been since the procedure? Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Most Active
Recent Topics