Home from Procedure feeling sore :(

nannetteb
on 1/22/08 5:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you, hopefully I won't have to pay out of pocket either, I'm fortunate to have the Flexible spending account with my insurance. How much weight have you lost since your second endoscopy. I sure hope I'm not stuck with the "Sham" for 6 months., but we'll see. Again, thanks for such a speedy reply
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/08 5:45 am
Pauline- Since the procedure on Nov 6 I've lost 40 lbs.  Since my last endoscopy on Dec 21 I've lost 10 lbs.  The weight loss definitely slowed down and I was stalled for about a week and a half.  I was being very compliant too, but it looks like it started up again thank goodness!!  I go for my 3 month appt this Friday Jan 25.
Betsy C.
on 1/22/08 7:51 am - Efland, NC
So will you have to have another endoscopy at your 3-month appointment?

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/08 10:02 am
Betsy- No, not at 3 months.  You have 3 total...one to see if you qualify, one at 6 weeks post op and then your last one at 6 months.
nannetteb
on 1/27/08 7:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
Lullaby, Once I hear back from my endoscopy, and schedule for the "procedure", will I have to drink that halflytely mess or the same prep as the endoscopy, nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before ?  The thought just  crossed my mind. Thanks, Nannette
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/08 10:37 am

Nannette- It's nice to see your pretty face!   Unfortunately you'll have to do the bowel prep.  I think anytime you go under anesthesia they make you do it.  Also they had me on clear liquids only for 2 days before the procedure.  It sucks, but it was worth it! 

Ruth S.
on 1/19/08 3:32 am - Orlando, FL
I would like to know what this "restore" is? Is it a procedure? I would be interested to know more.. thanks
Ruth S.
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/08 4:15 am
Ruth: RESTORe is currently in clincial trials.  Here is a link for how you can find out more to see if you qualify:  http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00394212?term=transora l+obesity&rank=2 They go in endoscopically (through your mouth) and tighten up the stoma (connection between the pouch and intestines).  Since it's only in clinical trials still, you have a 1 out of 3 chance in having a "sham" (control group) and not actually having it done.  At the end of 6 months if you did not have it they will offer it to you for free.  It doesn't cost you anything out of pocket either way.
Betsy C.
on 1/19/08 5:39 am - Efland, NC
The locations are

Denver, CO, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, St. Louis, MO, Lebanon, NH, Cleveland, OH,

Philadelphia, PA, Dallas, TX and Milwaukee, WI.

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Ruth S.
on 1/19/08 5:44 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks - I got the link and saw that it is not available here in FL as of yet...Best of luck to those that can get it!
Ruth S.
Most Active