Home from Procedure feeling sore :(

Betsy C.
on 1/19/08 5:50 am - Efland, NC
It's not available in NC either, but I'm trying to get accepted into the Hopkins trial in Baltimore.  It's about a 6 hour drive, but I have friends in the area who with stay with. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Betsy C.
on 1/19/08 5:52 am - Efland, NC
NueBelieve:   Congrats on getting through the procedure.  I've heard about the killer sore throat, but not about the neck.  Good to know for those of us who are waiting to see if we qualify.  Please keep us posted on your progress and wightloss. Feel better soon! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

happy girl
on 1/19/08 1:11 pm
congratulations on getting through....well, whatever you got through   I wonder if you will be able to tell somehow if you had the real deal or the sham?    Do you think the neck  and breast area pain is just how the positioned you?  I was expecting the throat pain, and really hadn't thought about much other pain. best wishes!  take care of yourself.  I only have about 3 weeks to wait, I am very excited.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

NueBelieve
on 1/20/08 1:32 am - PA

I guess everyone is different. I had my Procedure Friday at 11:00 and I am thrilled I don't have to go to work til Wednesday. I mean I feel better today then yesterday but not at all 100%. When I cough or laugh the area under my breast is very sore. I can bend my neck back more then yesterday and it isn't as sore so thats a plus. Yes I think it was the way they positioned me. I'm don't know if I had the Sham or not but just going throguh this makes me want to be very careful what I put into my mouth so I don't "injure" myself in any way...make sense? Good luck to all of you who have had this or are waiting for approval :)

katchal
on 1/20/08 3:04 am - Goodview, VA
I am so glad to see that you are feeling a little better today.  I am just beginning the process and actually will be going to John Hopkins on Thursday for the EGD to see if my stoma meets the criteria.  Betsy and I are traveling to the same location which makes it so nice to have someone to compare notes.  It was a smart idea to take off several days after the procedure.  I was actualy thinking of taking off about a week.  Take care and keep us posted. Kathy
Most Active