almost 2 weeks post-op, first weight plateau

amberd910
on 5/20/11 11:21 pm - CT
I am almost 2 weeks out post-op from LapBand revision to Gastric Bypass.

So I guess it's true when they say the scale is our worst enemy. I weigh every morning and I am going to have my boyfriend hide the scale on me today and only give it to me once a week. I have been weighing every morning since surgery, sometimes even at night. Well, the past 3 days, I have been the same weight. I was released a few days ago for light excersise from the dr so I started taking daily walks around the block with is exactly 1 mile (with up and  down hills). I feel so frustrated as the weight was coming off just about 2 lbs a night; now its stopped.

Also, for women out there, do you have any experience with weight plateau and PMS (that time of the month)? I heard that it can be difficult to loose weight.

Anyone have any advise or experience with this? I know I am probably loosing inches and I am making myself mental over nothing but ugh, it's just so damn frustrating!

Thanks,
Amber
azambesi
on 5/21/11 9:29 am - Milton, FL
 Hi Amber! 

First I want to congratulate you on your revision. I went through the same revision on 5/16 and I'm excited that we are on this road together!

As far as your scale, I am a scale addict to and I completely understand the frustration that comes from doing that to ourselves. I have hid my scale away and my husband is only getting it out for me on Sunday mornings to keep me sane.

It sounds like your weight loss has been going great! Three days is nothing to worry about, especially if you were losing up to 2lbs a day before that. Your body is probably just catching up. 

I also plateau -- or even gain a couple of pounds -- when I am starting my cycle. I try not to worry about it because from my experience it disappears when my cycle is over. I'm sure I'm retaining water.

Hope this helps!  And good luck staying off the scale 

Aletheia
NeeNee1971
on 5/27/11 2:07 pm - FL
Welcome to RNY. I have been a RNY patient since 2007. It is normal to plateau and even gain when your cycle comes around. Also, scales can measure different at different times of the day. In the morning we are at our lightest. After a work out heavier. If you must weigh yourself, try to be wearing the same thing and do it at the same time of day. My revision was also on the 16th.

Are you following the diet???
Pre Surgery  352  Surgery  346 ~ Current  198  Goal  180
Mommy to: Emma Grace 7/23/03 ~ Erin Faith 12/5/05 ~ Kayley Olena 9/17/08

Most Active