Revision RNY to RNY

Diamondshape1
on 2/9/12 7:30 am
 RNY 2004 to Revision RNY and doing so well. Im so happy I did not let people  talk me out of it.  I started out at 235 down 213. Went in Thursday and was back to work Tuesday. So ready to hang out with my new friend and sister Tomekiaq. 
superstardiva
on 2/9/12 12:18 pm - New York, NY
sound like me had RNY July 2005. HW 411 SW 389 lowest weight 194 three years out gained back up to 254 had revision dec 29, 2011 lost 25 pounds so far
NameChange2012
on 2/9/12 10:00 pm
Revision on 05/24/12
What exactly did you revise about the RNY?  Was it the stoma opening?  Bypassing more intestines?

Thanks!  And congratulations!
RockChick
on 2/9/12 11:09 pm - Los Angeles , CA
Beavis
on 2/11/12 8:52 am - Small Town, PA
 I would love to hear more details.  I am currently in the process of redoing my 2006 RNY also.  My surgeon refuses to do an RNY to DS so we are just going to do the RNY all over again.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/12/12 10:45 am
Your surgeon "refuses" because he doesn't know how to do that revision. There are only a handful of surgeons who do, and he's not one.

It's much easier for a surgeon to revise you to another type of RNY (usually ERNY) but you need to talk to people that have lived with that surgery for at least a few years. Their stories are not always so rosy, and YOU have to live with this for life, NOT the surgeon. I have no vested interest in what you get, but know too many people that have had various revisions, and know some are much happier and healthier than others.

Monique H.
on 4/12/12 2:46 am
I would find another surgeon. I was told no at first too and ended up having the revision that they wanted me to have. I only lost 36 more pounds and ended up with hypoglycemic episodes. I then went back and fought for the DS which is what I should have done at first. I won :)
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Diamondshape1
on 4/4/12 7:26 am
 Sorry it took so long to respond, I was locked out. Let me first say I know 7 people that have had this done and 2 to 4 years out and doing well. Now i had laparoscopic revision of gastrojejunostomy. 235 to 189. 
Diamondshape1
on 4/4/12 7:40 am
Jerry R.
on 4/4/12 4:17 pm - Simi Valley, CA
 Can you ellaborate on what they did for your revision?  

I just posted this:

Here's my story:

RYN 10/2002, Starting weight 340.....now 9 1/2 years later maintaining @ 215-220.  I am 5-8 putting me at a BMI of ~32. 

Over the past 1.5 years I have lost the my ~20lbs that I had regained over the years but seem stuck at this point.  I am doing many of the right things.....managing my liquids, watching the amount of processed cabs, journal my food, overall eating a very healthy diet.  Not perfect, but very aware and doing well.

Long term complications include some micro nutrient deficiencies including slight anemia....the doctors don't seem too concerned.  I am taking iron supplements.  The most concerning complication is late dumping syndrome...."reactive hypoglycemia".  With limiting carbs and not having liquids while/after I eat events have been sporadic.  

I am within 5lbs of my lowest weight ever as an adult....however I would like to get down in the 180's.

I had an upper GI and was told that I have moderate stomal dialation.

I am considering a revision but am not certain it is the right choice, which procedure, and how it will affect the hypoglicemia issue.

I am considering RNY-RNY revision, ROSE or BOB.

Anyone out there have similar issues?  Oppinions?

Thanks.

How is your progress?

Most Active
Recent Topics