Lap Band to Sleeve still a failure

dh101
on 6/3/17 12:55 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Vertical sleeve gastronomy als known as sleeve is NOT just some form of device like any of the bands. It is a removal of a large portion of the stomach. It is not a plastic restriction.

From all of my reading, it is quite possible to gain weight no matter what procedure you use. The issue is reprogramming the meat computer. If you continue to choose to 1) keep eating high calorie carb and fat laden foods in large quantities 2) continuously eat all day 3) not exercise then you will gain weight.

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/17 4:44 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

The Sleeve involved cutting away the majority of your stomach into a tube and is very successful. You may have experience with bands, but not the gastric sleeve. Even then, the lap band is a tool, not your miracle. It still takes hard work and dietary control on your part. It can't do it for you.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/5/17 11:07 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
On June 3, 2017 at 9:49 AM Pacific Time, tammym wrote:

Vertical band, lap band, gastric band, adjustable band, sleeve... they are all the same thing. They just keep renaming and rebranding it to keep selling it. The failure rate is still 98% and its never going to change. Success requires a plumbing change, not plastic restriction that you can easily eat around. This is experience talking. Do the research and get the the right surgery the 1st time.

I think you ought to do some research yourself. These are very different things. Not at all the same.the sleeve is not a band, nor was the vertical band (VBG).

And any surgery can be easily eaten around, even those with the most drastic plumbing changes.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kathyjs
on 6/6/17 10:01 am

I see you could have large amounts from the beginning. This is my advice. Nutritional apt. to help you get back on track of what to eat. If you can afford it or insurance covers , behavioral therapy. If non of the above is feasible I would get a measuring cup, a scale and a notebook . Measure , weigh your food and when the correct amount is eaten walk away. Then journal what you ate. Don't be discouraged. You can do this !!!

Allisonw2lls
on 6/6/17 6:04 pm - CA
VSG on 06/16/17

I had the band and was sleeved about 2 years ago, lost weight but not a huge sucess. Turns out my sleeve was done on the large side because the surgeon went around the scar tissue , hence incorrect sleeve. I'm scheduled for a partial resleeve and hiatal hernia repair on June 16th. My surgeon is confident I should experience success.

Have you had the barium X-ray so they can see tge condition / shape if your sleeve?

k Q.
on 6/6/17 7:46 pm

You are giving me a little hope. How much weight do you have to lose? How much have you lost? I am going to schedule a barium x ray soon, hopefully I will get some answers. I was just at the OB/GYN and they think I am going through menopause and may have some problems with that as well. Good luck with your surgery and please keep me posted.

Allisonw2lls
on 6/7/17 10:14 pm - CA
VSG on 06/16/17

HiI lost around 50 and put 10 back on. I'm not really stuck on a number that I need to weight but I am guessing another 50-75 lbs, right now I'm 243 and 5'4 but have a lot of muscle. I am 48 and starting to experience some of tge change too.

I hope you get some resolution. I will keep you updated .

Tiredmomma18
on 6/19/18 1:56 pm
VSG on 12/21/16

I'm so glad that I saw this post. I feel like a failure. I literally have no restriction with my sleeve. It's so depressing.

nedsmehlp
on 6/25/17 8:57 pm - Hutchinson, KS

I know exactly how you feel! I had a VSG in 2008 and lost 182 lbs and regained 110 lbs. There was no stopping myself from regaining. I felt like a failure! A surgeon told me that it wasn't my fault. At the weight I was at before my VSG, I should have had the DS. I felt relief! I had a revision to the DS 10 weeks ago and am so happy I did! I wish I had checked into the DS years ago! So please don't blame yourself. Check into ALL your options, and you do have options. You already have half of the DS, so you may want to seriously check into that option. If you want any more info, just PM me and I will be glad to tell you more.

Most Active
Recent Topics