Endoscopic re- sleeve ?

July85
on 5/11/20 6:27 pm

I've gained back, tried to get back on track several times but I keep going back to over eating.

I'm 9 years post op and I can now eat a big mac with ease...

pretty sure I've stretched my beloved sleeve.

my question is... what are the risks of an endoscopic sleeve Procedure? Can you develop a leak?

anyone here developed serious adverse effects?

hollykim
on 5/17/20 10:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 12, 2020 at 1:27 AM Pacific Time, July85 wrote:

I've gained back, tried to get back on track several times but I keep going back to over eating.

I'm 9 years post op and I can now eat a big mac with ease...

pretty sure I've stretched my beloved sleeve.

my question is... what are the risks of an endoscopic sleeve Procedure? Can you develop a leak?

anyone here developed serious adverse effects?

yes you can develop a leak with a realer right just as you could with a virgin sleeve.
the real question here is what is going to keep you from overeating you resleeve and stretching it out?

are you in therapy to discover why you continue to overeat? If not I would begin therapy before I had are sleeve.

have you had any tests to prove your sleeve is stretched?

have you checked with your insurance? Many companies ate going to a one wls per lifetime platform.

starrd616
on 5/25/20 10:18 am - MD

July85, I identify with your position. Do you belong to a support group? I don't and feel that is one negative. Perhaps we both need too reach out to one -- even if it is just a basic weightloss support group like WW or First Place or Overeaters Anonymous.

Have you read and tried the 5 day Pouch Test? I also suggest reading, "Day 6:Beyond the 5 day Pouch Test".

My nephew had a sleeve recently and had significant problems. One section was just too small and he could not keep anything down (water, protein shakes, nothing). He also had a leak. He was in the hospital for a while and had to undergo a few procedures including inserting stents and removing stents. He is fine now, but with any surgery, there are risks.

I pray you are able to find the answers to reach your goals.

Dawn

God can move mountains -- even ones of flesh. 
Success is being Kingdom Fit -- healthy enough to do whatever God calls me to do when he calls.    
Lamoura
on 2/6/21 5:34 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I was 7 years post-op, and got a resleeve December 2020. In 4 days I'll be 2 months post-op resleeve. I'm down 25lb.

By year 7 post-op, I could definitely eat more, but worse, I had very little restriction. I felt hungry quite a bit. So, I got in touch with the hospital where I had my sleeve and the doctor wanted to know if I could eat a whole sandwich. I had no idea, as I hadn't eaten a sandwich in 7 years. I bought a turkey sandwiches from Starbucks, 2 slices multi-grain bread with turkey, cheese and lettuce, mayo and mustard -- and ate it all in one sitting. I was on an empty stomach, but I was shocked that it went down with such ease.

I had a barium swallow and it showed my sleeve had been stretched near the bottom. It looked like a tennis ball bulging through my stomach. And, I had a hiatal hernia. Why did I decide on a resleeve instead of other options? Well, I had such a great post-op after my vsg -- zero complications -- that I felt my body could handle it. And, I didn't want to do anything more invasive, but I did want to nip my regain in the bud. It was the perfect option.

On December 10, 2020, I had the bulging part of my stomach tucked in and the suture restitched. I'm 4 days away from the 2-month post-op mark. I've lost 24 pounds so far. I've got more restriction now, thankfully; not as much as I had with my 1st vsg, but definitely a marked change from the last 2 years. Also, I don't feel hungry, which is a very welcome change from the last 2 years. I can get almost all of my water in without a struggle.

I'm very happy with my decision, and ready to work my newly enhanced tool.

ShadyC
on 2/26/22 11:02 am
VSG on 10/31/13

Did you have a full resleeve or endoscopic?

Most Active
Recent Topics