Are there no RN's here ???

Dee L.
on 6/19/06 5:39 am - Charlotte, NC
I am not new to OP but to this site.I was wondering where all the RN's are ? Glad everyone is doing fine.Dee
Mariah
on 6/19/06 10:14 pm - Richmond, IN
Hey Dee, Im an RN but I dont come to this board often. I just got my approval last week so Im waiting for my Drs office to schedule my surgery. They told me it would probably be mid July. I should get my letter today or tomorrow. I work night shift at a drug and alcohol rehab. Mariah
Dee L.
on 6/20/06 4:31 am - Charlotte, NC
mariah,I worked nights for 20 yrs it is so hard on the body isn't it?I am happy about your surgery.Won't be long that you will be having it too.Its exciting and scary at the same time.It is a learning thing every day and you can't fool any one.If you eat something you can't then you just throw up.So it only hurts your self.I will be thinking of you.Dee
NicoleC
on 6/22/06 7:16 am - FRANKLIN, MA
Hi ladies. I'm an RN too. I work eves on a surgical floor. My poor surgeon! I saw him yesterday and started going over what I would like for pain meds, standing orders and that I would like to be discharged a day early if at all possible. I am the WORST patient. I'm nice and all but all I want to do is go home. I just got my date today...July 25th! It was less than 2 months from consult to surgery. Lucky me. Wishing you the best! Nicole
Dee L.
on 6/22/06 8:04 am - Charlotte, NC
I am the same way Nicole.I told my Dr exactly what I wanted.We are the worst aren't we.......good luck
Claire Hill
on 6/23/06 10:40 am - Katy, TX
Here I am...Here I am.... I dont often check the board but found my way here today! I am an ER nurse in Houston. Claire Hill RN
N'Awlins Kat
on 6/25/06 7:36 am - TX
Ohhh me me me!!! I'm an IMCU/Cardiac/Charge RN, with bariatric postop care experience (1.5 yrs) but I'm still a preop lap RNY patient I am hoping for a September date! Kat
Dee L.
on 6/25/06 11:15 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Kat,I could have used a good RN when i had my surgery .The nurse I had was a new older grad that had no clue and was not good at getting some pain meds too 3 hours for breakthrough pain meds.They took her away from me the 2nd day because she was so bad....good luck in Sept .I just had my surgery 3 weeks ago on Tuesday.Doing better with the pain now.THe removed my adhesions and did alot of extra work inside me so I had pain issues.Take care Dee
Sooner82
on 6/28/06 3:48 pm - Central, FL
Hey Dee, I'm an RN in Labor and Delivery here in Orlando, I just don't really check this board that often. I had Lap-band over 15 months ago and it has been great!!! Ryan 202/132/125
amyp
on 6/28/06 8:36 pm - Portland, IN
Hi Dee! I'm an RN working in occupational health in a large factory. It's actually an industrial bakery...imagine that, a carb addict in a taco/tortilla plant...hehe. I guess that would be akin to being a mouse working in a cheese store. I worked in trauma on nights in order to get my surgery. had my RNY 8 weeks ago. Down 65 pounds but am having a plateau. I think my body is resting. Can't wait for it to get moving again. I'm so glad to see so many RN's are having WLS. OH has been my saving grace. That and support group. Hope all of you are doing well. Keep in touch AmyP
Most Active
Recent Topics