Hello Everyone

Ms.Traci C.
on 7/29/06 3:02 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
I am getting ready for my surgery. I need a list of final questions that I should ask the surgeon and the nutritionist. My first appointment with the surgeon was a big blur! I was in and out of there so fast I had no idea what to say or even do. I just stood in the hallway outside the office and looked around....completely confused!! That is strange for me because I always have something to say! Any and all help will be appreciated. Also, say a little prayer for me also! Thanks and Big Hug!! Traci
sunshine22
on 7/29/06 1:04 pm - Karrington, MN
Traci, I think you should ask your surgeon questions that interest you personally, examples would be how long surgery would take, how long will my stay be. Make sure you get all the dietary info. for post surgery, so you can stock up on foods, liquids and vitamins and fill pain med RX's before you go in for surg. Ask the nutritionist about % of proteins and vitamins and calciums. I have hear to take citracal plus vit D, comes in creamy bites. Best of luck to you.
Ms.Traci C.
on 7/30/06 2:09 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Thanks Sue! Hope you continue to do well. Traci
Mariah
on 7/31/06 3:41 pm - Richmond, IN
Sues advice was very good to follow plus I would ask your surgeon what kind of tubes u will be going home with and about the care he wants u to give them. Ask if u will be having to give yourself injections. I had to go home on 2 a day ....blood thinners. My dr has everyone on them for a week so if u get out of the hospital in 1-2 days u have to do the rest of them at home. Every surgeon is so different...U really should talk to your dr again. Go in with a list of questions or call his nurse..... Mariah
Most Active
Recent Topics