following diet

sunshine22
on 8/21/06 10:14 pm - Karrington, MN
I have been following my post op diet and have not lost one pound in 11 days -I know the body has to catch up with the hospital wt loss but not one single pound and I am only 2 weeks out...any sugg?
koogy
on 8/23/06 11:38 am - Cincinnati, OH
I looked at your profile, and you are a "lightweight", with an even lower BMI than I had when I had surgery! It's really hard to experience lagging weight loss, when you hear of people on the boards that are losing 40, 50 or more pounds per month. It's like your body is betraying you. Here you are, doing everything just right, and other people don't follow the rules and the weight just drops off. Not fair! One question - did you weigh yourself when you got home from the hospital? I had lap RNY, and I brought home an extra 15 lbs of fluid after my two day stay! Personally, I considered my first day home weight to be my all time highest weight, even if it was fluid! If you are following the diet plan, you know in your rational mind there is no way you can't NOT lose weight after WLS. I can only say I know how you feel, but I don't have any advice other than to be patient - which is sucky advice when you want the pounds to be gone!!!!! Hang in there! Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics