My Ex-Husband regrets divorce....

Sue M.
on 1/31/10 11:31 am - Nantucket, MA
The best revenge is living well.... so glad you are!!! 

That ex of yours did you a huge favor.
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
capeladybug
on 1/31/10 2:09 pm - Newtonville, MA
SWWWWEEEEET!!! I love, love, love , LOVE it! Way to rock it girl!!!
H/S/C/G  344/324/225/150  6'0"
crysthecen
on 1/31/10 2:21 pm, edited 1/31/10 8:06 pm
RNY on 10/20/09 with

Good for you, that's the best revenge and WOW ever because you didn't have to do a thing other than live your life. 

I'm product of a similar situation and was just musing on how wonderful my current husband is.  In my previous marriage I was contending with infertility and a husband who was so unhappy with his life that he was a secret alcoholic.  His ex-gf planned to tell me he was not being true to me when he didn't sleep with her under my roof with me upstairs asleep, but he beat her to the punch.  I'm thinking the grass wasn't greener though b/c he never hooked up with this ex-gf (he used her infatuation/love to destroy our marriage) but remarried for the fourth time and doesn't appear to be very happy...he's now an open alcoholic and I've heard many rumors that he has a very verbally abusive relationship with the current wife.   The reason I know any of this is because we work in the same place and people talk.  The funny thing was he had gastric bypass and I was good enough for him until he lost weight.   

For me, I wanted to wait until I found a man who accepted and loved me just as I was before I had the surgery.  Love isn't about somebody's size.  And girl, I couldn't be happier!  Hubby and I now have a beautiful baby boy and two boys from his previous marriage, life is full and I feel cherished regardless of my size.  Sometimes things truly do work out for the best, it just took me a long time to realize it.

SW 252/Day of Surgery 241/CW 189/GW 145 

dasie
on 1/31/10 7:42 pm
I knew I had to read your post. 

His leaving was your greatest blessing!  I am so happy for your new life, and your story gives others who have been wounded the same way for the same reason hope.

BoxofRain
on 1/31/10 9:29 pm
Awesome story with an awesome outcome! Shallow peeps suck! Thanks for sharing.

~Linda
"A box of rain will ease the pain
and love will see you through."   R. Hunter
indycindy
on 1/31/10 11:19 pm
What a GREAT story! 
Jhawk
on 2/1/10 3:18 am - Collegeville, PA
You have to LOVE karma!

Moj_ Patti
on 2/1/10 5:05 am - Where the Jackalopes Roam, CA
One food makes you larger, and one food makes you small... 
DENISE10356
on 2/1/10 5:42 am
Thank you so much for sharing that! I had a similar experience but have to maintain contact with my ex-husband because of our 8 yr old daughter. I had my surgery a year ago and have lost 70lbs. I too am in a wonderful new relationship and am very happy with my life. My ex has tried all he can do to reconcile but quite honestly he is lucky he had me at almost 300lbs. There is no way i would ever allow anyone to mistreat me or make fun of me because of my weight or any other aspect of my experience!
God sure knows what he is doing!
Betty S.
on 2/1/10 6:58 am - Mesa, AZ
That makes me so happy!  My ex broke up a 23 YEAR marriage to be with his girlfriend who was younger and smaller than I.  He told me that he was so happy to finally be with someone who was beautiful.  It still hurts to think about that, but...
fast forward,  he married her, and she is making his life miserable.  Oh well, too bad, so sad.
My grown kids hate her, (I stay out of it, and always remind them that they only have ONE father)

But funny thing- now I'm in the dating world, I see a lot of men on the dating sites who want skinny and gorgeous....and they look fat and toady!!!  go figure. 

one thing I have come away with from years of obesity- I look at what the person is like INSIDE. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views