For the Ladies only, TOM ?????

Reesheda H.
on 3/23/11 11:45 pm - Jackson, MS
Okay ladies, since surgery my TOM has been awful.  The first one after surgery was horrible and it hasn't gotten any better.  I want to know what medications have you been prescribed for the awful bloating and cramping.  I am taking tylenol during the day but it only helps a little.  Please Share, I need some relief.  I can't take the liquid lortab, because it makes me pass out.

mrskreuter
on 3/23/11 11:48 pm
RNY on 02/24/11 with
How about some adult liquid tylenol?  I got mine at Rite Aid.
Reesheda H.
on 3/24/11 12:03 am - Jackson, MS
I am taking tylenol for pain now and it only sllightly helping me .

Jennifer A.
on 3/24/11 12:38 am
I would love to hear an answer for this too! Tylenol does nothing for me. A couple of weeks ago the cramps were so bad I was in tears. I finally resorted to liquid Lortab and it made me really sick. I literally felt like I was in labor!

Katari
on 3/24/11 12:53 am - OR
The first three or four after surgery were the worst, they returned to (fairly) normal after that. I don't know what to suggest medicine wise, but call your dr. if it's really bad and see what they recommend. Make sure you tell them the tylenol isn't helping at all!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Kelly S.
on 3/24/11 2:16 am
I hope yours get better, mine didn't and I ended up having a hysterectomy because I could live with the cramps and the bleeding.  Definately call your PCP and have them prescribe you something because you don't want to end up taking an NSAID because you can't stand the pain (that's what I did and ended up with an ulcer).  Good luck!

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Candy S.
on 3/24/11 10:24 am - Big Spring, TX
I am wondering the same thing. I had a hysterectomy several years ago, but still have my overies. I haven't had any problems for a long time, I could kinda tell sometimes when I might be cycling. Recently it has gotten bad. My daughter has recently started hers. It has becaome AWFUL since then, I thing I might be worse then her at times now, I haven't been this bad in over 10 years! She missed one (normal for just starting out), and I was ok, but got it the other day-- and AAAHHH!!!! I WISH I could take motrin- it is soo tempting to take some when I am handing her some! :(
Most Active
Recent Topics