Weekend comfort food

Ladycavez
on 3/25/11 2:40 am
Well, Friday rolls around again and I find myself craving the weekend food--pizza, maybe subway, maybe the Chinese buffet. All of which are a no-no at 18 days post op.

I've exercised today, drank half of my water so far, and showered. All I want is to pop a good movie in and enjoy pizza!! Ugh.

Thank you all for all the questions and support you have given me, and thanks in advance for all of the same in the future.

Hugs
Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 2:54 am
When I have a craving for pizza I make this
http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-piz za-crust-worth-its-wow-gold
I change it around a little.  I use 2 cups riced cauliflower and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese along with an egg and seasonings for the crust.  I use sugar free spaghetti sauce and cheese, chicken or turkey sausage crumbles and vegetables for toppings.  Tastes as good as the real thing.  Even my daughter likes it and I didn't tell her how I made the crust.  You might be a little early yet for it but it is something to look forward to.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 2:56 am - Baltimore, MD
At 18 days post-op cruciferous veggies are NOT the greatest idea.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 3:44 am
You might be a little early yet for it but it is something to look forward to.

I know that.  That is why I told  her that it is something to look forward to

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 5:28 am - Baltimore, MD
Yes I know. I was agreeing with you. Sorry. Should have made that clearer.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Ladycavez
on 3/25/11 3:20 am
What is riced cauliflower?
birthdaygirl
on 3/25/11 6:48 am - Lithonia, GA
On March 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM Pacific Time, Ladytazz wrote:
When I have a craving for pizza I make this
http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-piz za-crust-worth-its-wow-gold
I change it around a little.  I use 2 cups riced cauliflower and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese along with an egg and seasonings for the crust.  I use sugar free spaghetti sauce and cheese, chicken or turkey sausage crumbles and vegetables for toppings.  Tastes as good as the real thing.  Even my daughter likes it and I didn't tell her how I made the crust.  You might be a little early yet for it but it is something to look forward to.

Thank you LadyTazz.....I love pizza and I usually use whole wheat crust when I make it at home...I don't have any diet restrictions, I basically eat what i want in moderation.

But I love vegetables and when I saw this recipe...i wrote it down....homemade pizza is on the menu for tomorrow so i am going to experiment with this....i know I will love it, can't wait to see what my DH and kids think...shhhhh!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 7:13 am
It looks pretty much like pizza.  My daughter didn't blink an eye.  I never did tell her.  I love vegetables, too, and I think it just adds another layer of flavor to the pizza.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 2:57 am - Baltimore, MD
What stage are you in? Soft foods? Purees? I might be able to help you out with a suggestion.
Ladycavez
on 3/25/11 3:17 am
I'm at soft foods. It was weird, but my pureed stage didn't last long and it evolved into soft foods.

I've been eating mostly cottage cheese, ground turkey, FF refried beens, 2% shredded cheese sparingly, I've been adding a little spaghetti sauce too (for moisture). Scrambled eggs, tuna salad w/o celery or onions.

Sounds pretty boring. I'm just afraid of eating the wrong foods.

Thanks

P.S. I know that I need to stay away from jalepenos!
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 488 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 470 views