NEEEED HELP W/ Protein!!

jandjlove2010
on 3/27/11 2:17 pm
OMG!! 4 more days til surgery and I feel like there's still so much to do!! My mom and I will be on liquid for 2 weeks, and I'm looking for a good protein mix or drink. What are some great protein drinks that have a high amount of protein AND taste good???

ME:Surgery 354/Goal 154/NOW 275
MOM:Surgery 315/Goal 140/NOW 247

wlrummag71
on 3/27/11 2:43 pm - Lexington, NC
LOVE Isopure's Orange Peach Smoothie (RTD) and the Cinnamon Swirl and Chocolate flavored protein powders from About Time. Also like GNC's unflavored protein better than 3 others I tried.
Wanda L. Rummage

jennee
on 3/27/11 3:14 pm - San Bruno, CA
I like the GNC brand protein powder (some don't) but I use Soy. Using milk, instead of water also ups the protein. They have ready-made shakes (that are LF) so I keep those on hand just in case. Isopure isn't bad (the drinks) but I do "shots" of them - they have a weird taste! BUT, not bad enough that you can't get it down . . .
Amy L.
on 3/27/11 10:12 pm - Buffalo, NY
I like quite a few brands pre-op- Unjury, Bariatric Fusion, and Nectar.  But, post-op I couldn't tolerate ANY protein at all. And, I tried every brand I could find, every concoction I could come up with, so don't invest in too much protein pre-op because your taste may change post-op.
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

HETSB
on 3/28/11 12:28 am, edited 3/28/11 12:30 am
I am on week 2 of my pre op diet and love the Syntrax Nectar! I have tried, fuzzy navel, roadside lemonade and apple. I mix it with 16 oz of water (you can do less) and sometimes add a little crystal light single serve pack just to change the variety. You don't have to add the crystal light it is just a as yummy with water. I don't like milk so this has been a godsend for me!

InkdSpEdTchr
on 3/28/11 3:15 am
www.tryabouttime.com/

This is my absolute fav protein, zero sugar, and lots of tasty protein!

Ya gotta try the Birthday Cake or Cinnamon Swirl flavors...okay I'm making myself hungry, gotta go make the shake!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Katari
on 3/28/11 3:26 am - OR
I use a couple of different ones depending on what I am doing with it.

Vanilla powder from Body Fortress (I get it at walmart) for use in my coffee/sf hot cocoa etc. as well as fruit smoothies (when your farther out).

I like the Premier protein RTD shakes in vanilla or chocolate(30g protein each serving) low sugar/carbs. I get these at Costco but I think you can also get them at Sam's. (I think you can also get a free sample if you contact them via their website)

Unjury chicken soup flavored is decent early out.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

godsend213
on 3/28/11 4:18 am - Fort Carson, CO
I have tried about 4 different protien powders and HATED them all. One was isopure which is supposed to be one of the better ones. ICK! I gagged on it. I finally broke down and got unjury online and IT IS AMAZING! I LOVE it. No gritty-ness or protien after taste. It's smooth and creamy and not foamy at all like alot of poweders. I mix it with soy milk in a blender with a tsp of PB, SO GOOD! :)
CaliforniaMomof2
on 3/28/11 7:13 am - Katy, TX
I tried:

1) Isopure Zero Carb in chocolate (I can tolerate it..but I can't drink it every day)

2) EAS 100% whey (just got a big 5lb bag from sam's club for $29.99) in vanilla..it tastes okay.

3) Gaspari, Myofusion in Vanilla..this is the best tasting protein I ever had in my life.

I also tried Melaleuca's attain shake when I was a member; but there wasn't enough protein grams for me; so I switched it up.

I have been back to my protein regimne and I love love love my protein!
CaliforniaMomof2
on 3/28/11 7:16 am - Katy, TX
This is the site I bought my protein powders from..I find the shipping to be very fast and like I said..this product is just THE best. I did a lot of research by reviewing comments and also reading the label. While this does have a little higher content of calories and carbs; I will sacrifice it for the yummy taste. They also do allow you to order a FREE sample.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/myofusion.html
Most Active
Recent Topics