One Week Post Op - Went for a "fun" walk -- NOT

DeeNadj
on 3/28/11 7:33 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT

Hey ya'll. I am one week post op today. My husband took my son to a prescheduled eye doctor appt while I am at home recovering. Of course, they went to the bookstore, and the bakery for a cookie, and wherever else they felt like going, and hubby texts to tell me he's going to be "late" picking up our daughter at preschool. You can't be "late" - it's public school, they take the kid to the office and after 10mins if you still haven't shown up they call CPS. So yeah, not gonna happen.

Guess who ended up having to WALK 1.2mi to school to pick up my daughter? I don't mind the walking, I obviously NEED to do that anyway, just maybe not so far, and not so FAST? I'm so mad I could spit. This after I had a GREAT day, no pain, I had more energy, so I made (their) dinner and was really enjoying myself.

Sorry for ranting. THOUGHTLESSNESS is my #1 PET PEEVE.

Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
Katari
on 3/28/11 7:38 am - OR
*hugs* Sorry to hear he was such an idiot (we share a pet peeve!). Hope you didn't overdo it! If you did, take it easy tomorrow!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

iisme
on 3/28/11 7:38 am
That sounds like something my husband would do.
Sorry!!   I hope you are feeling ok after that long walk

10 pounds loss pre-op
DeeNadj
on 3/28/11 7:51 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
Thanks, ladies. I didn't have to walk home because I had to sit down on the playground benches and let my daughter play until he drove up and met us at the school. He's being really nice now... He's making me onion soup (YUM YUM YUM!), so I guess I'll forgive him. ;)
Dee
poet_kelly
on 3/28/11 8:22 am - OH
That seems like a long walk at just one week out.  I was walking about 15-20 minutes slowly around the mall then, and I could sit on a bench and rest when I needed to.

Sorry your hubby wasn't more sensitive to the fact you just had surgery.  Try and take it easy tomorrow, OK?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amy L.
on 3/28/11 9:09 am - Buffalo, NY
Wow- that's a really long walk for 1 week post-op, I am so glad you're okay, and nothing worse than having to sit down happened.  I know for sure I wouldn't have even made it to the school- at 1 week just walking through the grocery store wiped me out.

Don't worry about the rant- that's what we're here for! :)
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

NIXMOMMIE
on 3/28/11 10:20 am - NC
That is something my ex husband would have done. That's why he is the ex.
1Haute Diva
on 3/28/11 10:49 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Ugggh MEN! I would have been cursing the whole walk. I hope you didn't over do it today. Just relax tomorrow.
- Shaw

DeeNadj
on 3/28/11 10:54 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
OH, I WAS! I called him everything but his name!   In his defense, he's been wonderful since I had the surgery. Today was his first lapse of reason. And he apologized all over himself, then made some KILLER soup for my dinner. He's ALMOST forgiven. Almost. 
Dee
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 41 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views