LEFTOVERS

jandjlove2010
on 3/30/11 9:17 am
Hello, All

Our surgery is tomorrow having all the emotions of course, but I was wondering what did everyone do with the "FAT FOOD" that is still in the house.  I still have stuff in my freezer, cabinets, and in my drawers at work.  Please tell us what you all did with your "leftovers"
nomoresugar
on 3/30/11 9:27 am
Unopened, non-perishable I donated to the food bank.  The rest, I tossed.  It won't save any money to keep 'crap' around, and if it isn't in the house, you won't be able to grab it.
jandjlove2010
on 3/30/11 11:06 am
Thanks so much, the food bank is a good idea for the unopened items
ANNI D.
on 3/30/11 9:28 am
Do you live anywhere close to shelter or food bank? Know any needy families in the area? Invite your family and/or friends for a "cleaning out my closets" party. I had some non SF pudding cups in my fridge and Earl and Dave (my dogs) are loving them!! Just some ideas! Good Luck with your surgery!! Keep us posted on how you're doing!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

jandjlove2010
on 3/30/11 11:09 am
Yes, we will try the food bank.  is that Earl or Dave in the picture?  We have a Tanner, but he has a sensitive tummy...no pudding for him.  Thanks for the well wishes.
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 9:35 am - Boston, MA
 well I've got kids, so it wasn't an issue.. if I didn't I would donate to the food pantry or give it to a friend.. get it out of your house so you're not tempted to eat it!
jandjlove2010
on 3/30/11 11:13 am
I wish I had gotten it out before now, but didn't think about.  Thanks for responding.  You just had your surgery not long ago...how are you doing?
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 12:01 pm - Boston, MA
 I'm not gonna lie my recovery has been rough on me.  No complications but I was surprised by the intensity of the pain.. and the inablity to like any fluids, I've been on the brink of dehydration since the surgery and just can't force myself to drink.. everyday I feel a little better but I'm pretty exhausted.. not trying to discourage you, even feeling this way I'd still do it again because I know it' temporary and will be worth it in the end.. but it's not easy.  I wish you nothing but the best tomorrow, I hope you have an easy surgery and speedy recovery, can't wait to hear how it went.  Good luck!
xxkiyaxx
on 3/30/11 10:44 am - NY
I gave it to family.  I didn't have a lot of it around anyways before hand so it made it a lot easier!  Good luck with your surgery! 

jandjlove2010
on 3/30/11 11:14 am
Family a good idea too.  thanks for the well wishes
Most Active
Recent Topics