Is it still worth it all???? yes/no why???

ANNI D.
on 3/30/11 11:48 am
I'm only 3 weeks out, but i have had absolutely no problems or complications post-op. No nausea, have been able to drink normally since day 2, some gas in the begining, am on soft foods now and have had no food to date bother my pouch at all, incisions healed perfectly with probably very minimal to no scarring, I could go on and on. The rest of my health is a complete mess, but everything with the surgery is great and I am hoping that the surgery is going improve my health after I lose more weight. Good luck to you both!!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

jandjlove2010
on 3/30/11 11:55 am
Awww....thank you, I just love the support you all have given us.
penguingirl
on 3/30/11 11:57 am

Only been 3 months for me and so far my only regret was not being ready to do it sooner.  I had to wait until I was really ready to be committed though.  It is hard work, not even close to the "easy way out" as some folks may think.  It's not a magic fix, it's a wonderful tool.  I am working out at a gym for the first time in my life, cooking low-fat foods---that are yummy---and surprising myself all the time with my ability to make these changes.  I've been lucky, no ill side effects as of yet.  Once I got something stuck, but I wasn't paying attention and didn't chew well enough....once....not to happen again anytime soon.  It's true, most come here looking for help to a recent problem or issue, which is wonderful, but I can see how it could cause concern.  This was by far the MOST worthwhile thing I have EVER done for myself.  So thankful I did. 

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." ~ Henry Ford            5'11"  HW 369/SW 353/GW 209    
jandjlove2010
on 4/2/11 10:44 am
GREAT!  I think we will feel the same way too.  thanks for sharing
Lori P.
on 3/30/11 12:02 pm - Kenosha, WI
A picture is worth a thousand words.....

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

walterswife
on 3/30/11 12:06 pm
Great pic, Lori.

C

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Lori P.
on 3/30/11 12:20 pm - Kenosha, WI
Thanks ....it is funny how I no longer mind the camera!

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

walterswife
on 3/30/11 12:04 pm
Worth it?  Absolutely!

No more hypertension
No more sleep apnea
Cholesterol from 240 to 115
Much more energy
Lost almost 120 lbs.
No longer too embarrassed to participate in social events.
Can finally exercise and like it.
After all these years I am finally eating like I should have been eating all along.
I don't dread shopping any more.  If anything all of the sizes are larger than what I wear.

Even though I lost alot of hair in the process, I would not change anything that I have done in the months leading up to and following surgery. 

Yes, it is a sacrifice.  Patience, following the rules and being true to yourself makes it all worthwhile.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

jandjlove2010
on 4/2/11 10:41 am
WOW! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on reaching you gw.
lorilea
on 3/30/11 12:12 pm - MN
I am 2.5 months out.....NO REGRET!

To prepare for this surgery I had to quit smoking,  Worth it
The day after my surgery I was taken off of my blood pressure medicine, Worth it
Cholesterol is lower, worth it
Lost 50 lbs in 10 weeks, worth it
Can walk up a flight of steps without feeling like I am going to have a heart attack, Worth it
Have more energy, worth it
I eat to leave, not the other way around ANYMORE, worth it
Have more self confidence, worth it
No longer sedentary, worth it
Opening my eyes, my mind and my heart about what my food issues were and how it was affecting so many things in my life, worth it

The only regrets I have in my life are never things I've done....only the things I haven't done.  I wish I would have had the courage to do this before now.  Even if I don't lose another pound, every step has been worth it

I was super lucky in the pain department, didn't really have alot of pain, but very unlucky in the nausea/vomiting department and still no regrets.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views