1 day post op. OMG!!! What have I done?

NIXMOMMIE
on 3/31/11 2:20 am - NC
I am still in the hospital.  I am in a lot of pain.  I opted to give up my pain pump.  Wrong idea.  But I did get dome iv dalaudid and valium for the terrible muscle spasms I am having ove my incision site.  Oh boy.  Also some Benedryl for the itching.  Anyhow, I have been walking and sittign up.. I can only have ice chips for now and some clears later, provided I walk like I am supposed to.  Well, thank you to everyone who sent me messages yesterday.  I am so appreciative. Well here comes the BENEDRYL...Lala land.  Kisses

Kenyatta W.
on 3/31/11 2:24 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13
Hey girly!!!

I'm glad everything went ok with your surgery! You can make it through this pain with each day, the pain will get better! Keep me posted!

Get plenty of rest!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Rejoyce
on 3/31/11 2:24 am - Dayton, OH
Welcome to the loser's bench, and I hope you feel better really soon!

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

tcunningham
on 3/31/11 2:29 am - Bay Minette, AL
Welcome to the loser's bench and it will get better.  The first couple of weeks I was saying to myself what have I done.  But it got better, take it one day at a time. 

Timeka
onlyoneboy
on 3/31/11 2:31 am - St. Paul Park, MN
Oh do I hear you girl!

i was in the hospital for 10 days after laproscopic RNY due to complications post-op.  I'm now 9 mos. post-op and it was the best thing I've done.  I've dropped over 70lbs and my horrible, chronic heartburn has disappeared.

Even though thing may be tough now, just know they will get better.

Welcome to the bench

ThinnerAngel
on 3/31/11 3:14 am - Rochester, NY
Hey neighbor,

I grew up in Newport,Mn (Mom lives there and Sisters in St.Paul Park). 

Hang in there gurl...the pain will pass and you you feel like it's the best thing you ever have done!! My GERD has disappeared and I am no longer taking Nexium 2x per day!! I had GERD (hiatal surgery) in the past and the GBP surgery improved the old surgery.

I'm post op 18 weeks and down 74 pounds!! I look forward to your success story soon!!!

Best of wishes to you!!

Amy L.
on 3/31/11 2:37 am - Buffalo, NY
Welcome to the loser's bench.  I am so glad your surgery went well.  The pain gets MUCH better.  I was off all pain meds including Tylenol 2-3 days after I came home.  In a week or so you will feel much better. 

I never had that "oh God what did I do" moment, even when I had a few bumps in the road.  I may have gotten a little tired, a little down, but I have not regretted my decision for one minute.  I am just over 4 months post-op and down 92 pounds.  When you start seeing those numbers on the scale, and your clothes start falling off, you will know it was worth it.

Good luck, and speedy recovery to you!
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

Jenny_D
on 3/31/11 3:02 am - Canton, GA
So glad your surgery went well. I hope you feel better soon! It will be so worht it in the end.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

gottwins2
on 3/31/11 3:32 am

So sorry that you are hurting! I hope you feel better soon.  The pain gets better day by day.

Josie

Wisdom isn't simply knowledge, it's knowledge with a little age thrown in!

LorieL
on 3/31/11 4:04 am - Melbourne, FL
Feel better soonest.  Prayers and gentle hugs!
L
LorieL        
Most Active