Sugar Free, No Sugar Added, No Sugar Added(w/ Splenda) (oh yah Pork Tenderloin too)

psx chelly
on 4/4/11 2:58 am, edited 4/4/11 3:14 am
Never mind that its hard to find Sugar Free stuff at all im my area for whatever reason.... when I do find it, I get confused.  There is Sugar Free, No Sugar Added, No Sugar Added(w/ Splenda), Sugar Free(w/ Splenda) and so on, and so on.

Anyone know the difference?  and what is "safe" for us?  I already eat Sugar Free stuff like sugar free, fat free yogurt, sugar free Popsicles... Just looking for a little more variety.

Oh yah... anyone have any good recipes for Pork Tenderloin?  I was told to give meat a try a couple weeks ago, but have been scared to.  Someone told me that pork tenderloin is extremely tender and chews up really well..  I honestly have never cooked a pork tenderloin.
steve D.
on 4/4/11 3:02 am - West Fargo, ND
What types of SF Stuff are you looking for?  Since surgery, I am not as rigid with sugar, I just eat things that don't have it or need it.

For pork tenderloin, I like to marinate it in a mixture of EVOO, Aged Balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce.  Then I grill it with Montreal Steak seasoning. 

Steve

DComstock2010
on 4/4/11 3:03 am - CA
I believe its all the same. What I reccomend that you do is look at the back and make sure that there are 5 grams of less of sugars. I was also told to aviod sugar alcohols which are used to sweeten some sugar free items. Hope this helps.
RNY- 2/18/2011

bubbylucy
on 4/4/11 3:05 am - Raleigh, NC
I know that if it says "NO sugar added" it means that the product itself has natural sugars like fruit and milk. I can handle these if there is less than 10 grams a serving. Sugar free means no sugar but probably has some type of sugar alcohol (what comes from splenda, equal or sweeten low) but is listed as aspertame, sucrolose and so on. If you handle artificial sweetners fine you will have no problem with sugar free.

I like to put pork in the crockpot with 2 cans cream of mushroom and two cans of french onion soup both campbells, cook from frozen on high for 6-8 hours. Very moist in a great gravy.

Audra

curvaceousdiva
on 4/4/11 3:13 am - Hyattsville, MD
I marinate my pork tenderloin in some garlic, white wine, and jerk seasoning or italian dressing
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
M M
on 4/4/11 3:21 am
 " There is Sugar Free, No Sugar Added, No Sugar Added(w/ Splenda), Sugar Free(w/ Splenda) and so on, and so on."

Sugar free = watch for SUGAR ALCOHOLS, words ending in "ols," as they can cause serious distress in the gut.

No sugar added = contains natural sugars only, fructose, etc, can still be loaded with sugar.

Your best bet is to become an avid label reader and to ignore all SUGAR-FREE claims.
Krissymk
on 4/4/11 3:33 am
I like sugar free apricot jelly/jam glazed pork tenderloin. I reduce a jar of the jelly and a couple teaspoons low sodium soy sauce and then use that to glaze the pork tenderloin in the oven. Really yummy... I'm presurgery though so I'm not sure how good that is after....
hkailey
on 4/4/11 3:50 am
I love to put mine on the grill....YUMMMYYY!  It is very tender and moist.  As for flavors....most grocery stores have different ones.  I have tried them all...they are delicious:)
psx chelly
on 4/4/11 4:25 am
So then since my Dr. wants me to make sure anything I eat has 8g or less of sugar (preferably less he says) I should not worry if its Sugar Free or No Sugar Added ?  He would actually perfer I stay totally away from sugar, but its been really hard for me to find totally sugar free stuff.

Should I jus****ch the total sugar in the Nutritional Facts per serving?

steve D.
on 4/4/11 4:50 am - West Fargo, ND
That is what I do.  But remember there are naturally occuring sugars in products like fruit (fructose) and yogurt. 

Most Active
Recent Topics