I kinda binged yesterday

Me13
on 4/4/11 8:51 pm
So this is my public confession to help keep me accountable:

I'm 7 months out and I'm doing fine...but yesterday I kinda binged. 

The "kinda" meaning I didn't stuff myself with a box of cookies in one sitting, but I *did* eat about 6 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread during the day (deliciious, I may add) and a bunch of SF popsicles and who knows what else.  And...I don't know, I was just munchy/ravenous!  I couldn't seem to get enough in to satisy me. 

This is the first time I felt oiut of control in terms of not being able to stop -- I mean, not feeling strong enough to stop.  Did I really need that bread?  Nope.  And my little pouch didn't seem to care one way or the other.  Such a mental game, this is.  

But I don't want to fail.  I'm at the size I want to be (and shrinking, I think, despite the binge yesterday).  I think doing a food diary this week will help get me more in control, something I clearly need. 

(I' m also wondering what is bringing this on!  I started my exercise program again (4x a week) this past week.  Or maybe it's PMS -- I'm due next week!?  Or non PMS?  I feel like I'm having hot flashes!!!)         

Height: 5'6".  Top Weight/Surgery Weight: 274. (August 2010)
8 weeks out:  219.6.  12 weeks out:  198. 
NORMAL WEIGHT REACHED MARCH 2011 (153 lbs.).
Goal BMI:  In the normal range, please -- somewhere between 22-24 
Clothing size 26/28 (triple X) before surgery in August of 2010. 
March 2011 clothing size:  10/12 (large)

Lap. RNY and Gallbladder Removal, Dr. Choi @ Danbury Hospital, Aug. 2010

navymom13760
on 4/4/11 9:14 pm - Endicott, NY
First off, we ALL have days like that.  I had mine on Sunday.  Remember, today is a new day and a new opportunity to make wise food choices. 

Second, I continue to struggle with feeling out of control.  The part that I have to remind myself about is that while I still may eat "unhealthy" foods (junk) I have learned my limit.  You will too!

Third, yeah, hot flashes are no fun.  You have estrogen stored in your fat and it is released as you drop weight.  Try having hormonal hotflashes at the same time.  UGH!!!

So remember, today is a new day and that means you have survived your "junk day."

I am perfectly content being perfectly UN-perfect

Start Weight 292/Surgical Weight 266/Current Weight 150

laura_vermont
on 4/4/11 9:14 pm
Thanks for posting, I'm not helpful.... I'm going through the same thing.  Been "munchy" for the past 2 days -- I need to stop!  I am up 1lb -- still in "normal fluctuation" range -- but know where this could head.  I thought I would log my food today and get back to basics.

I'm not supposed to exercise for another 2 1/2 weeks (had panniculectomy 3/10), but I'm really tempted to do a light workout again.  Maybe it would help -- maybe I'm bored and need to focus! 

I'm on mirena, so don't get a monthly visitor... can't blame it on that! 

Hope we both have a better day today....
Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Me13
on 4/5/11 1:31 am
thanks -- and i'm jealous about the panniculectomy!!!!  tell all!!   i want one for christmas. :)
Height: 5'6".  Top Weight/Surgery Weight: 274. (August 2010)
8 weeks out:  219.6.  12 weeks out:  198. 
NORMAL WEIGHT REACHED MARCH 2011 (153 lbs.).
Goal BMI:  In the normal range, please -- somewhere between 22-24 
Clothing size 26/28 (triple X) before surgery in August of 2010. 
March 2011 clothing size:  10/12 (large)

Lap. RNY and Gallbladder Removal, Dr. Choi @ Danbury Hospital, Aug. 2010

bugpuddin
on 4/4/11 10:36 pm - OH
The food diary is a good idea. Make sure that you don't just write down what you ate but what you are feeling when you eat it. Ask yourself questions - are you bored, stressed, tired, etc.

You probably want to monitor your protein intake as well - if you have sufficient amounts of protein it can assist with helping you feel full. Keep track of your water intake too. Sometimes our bodies just wan****er but our brains relay the message differently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Height: 5'9"
Highest weight ever: 330
Start of WLS journey: 290
Day of surgery 6/17/09: 280
Current: 156-159 (it varies)
Bod Pod results: 76% lean

I'm hourglass shaped - it's just that all the sand has sifted to the bottom.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views