Liquid Loratab...

gizmo113
on 4/6/11 9:01 pm - Camby, IN
 I'm three weeks post-op today and thankfully I'm done with most of my pain. I was given Liquid Loratab after the hospital and took that pretty regularly until 1 1/2 weeks or so. This week I started back to work and the pain really caught up with me by night. So I started taking some again at nighttime to help with sleeping/pain. 

Prior to starting back to work I would feel really nauseous, light headed, dizzy, sweating profusely, and think I'm going to vomit at night most nights. My husband and I contributed it to the pain I was having, "being too active and not resting", "not eating enough", etc. 

Yesterday was the first day I felt GREAT. Got all my liquids, vitamins, and protein in... didn't have to nap as soon as I got home from work, walked a ton, etc. Took my Loratab and BAM! Those same symptoms. 

Anyone else experience this with the Loratab? Anyone have an explanation as to why I'm doing this? Loratab is my only culprit so far... I'm on liquids for a month and I don't mess around with playing or adjusting my diet. I do strictly what I'm told I can do so I have eliminated any kind of "dumping" since I haven't had sugar. 

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Geminisappho
on 4/6/11 9:55 pm - Atascadero, CA
I would get symptoms of nausea and sweating and almost "nervous" feeling and restless at times from Vicodin tablets. I took Loratab post op and for some reason I didnt but they are essentially the same drug so I could understand your nausea. Try taking it after a meal is my best suggestion as the contents may help or eliminate the symptoms. At three weeks post op do you think tylenol would help or is it not enough? You could do both as they work synergistically. Good luck!
***ADRIENNE**

nicoleelaina
on 4/6/11 10:06 pm
Loratab made me totally sick. nausea, dizziness, sweats...good times. It was way too sweet and it made me vomit. Doc switched me to pills and it was much better. Loratab is evil!!!

sonnieN
on 4/6/11 10:55 pm - grand rapids, MI
Yep, I was allergic to Loratab as they discovered in the hospital. Day after surgery when my surgeon checked on me said I looked great and I felt great. Later that day after they switched me from IV pain meds to Loratab I felt horrible and Dr. told me I didn't look good and wasn't going home. I felt gassy, nauseous and itched everywhere. It was after they decided to keep me an extra day and gave another dose of Loratab that I started thowing it up and made them realize I was allergic. The next morning they gave me Darvocet pills and I had no issues after that. Now for all surgeries I don't get Vicodin or Loratab.
4_them_2
on 4/6/11 10:57 pm - Northern, VA
I had the same problem and switched to liquid Tylenol which handled my pain wonderfully.

03/29/2011  --  RNY @ INOVA!!  Surgery went great. Weighed 260
 03/30/2011  --  Discharged w/ 12 pounds of fluid WTH??  Weighed 272
 04/04/2011  --  One week followup w/ PA. Weighed 259    
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 304 views