ot-freaking out possibbly being fired

lee12197
on 4/6/11 1:38 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Hey everyone...so i work in a residential setting with developmentally disabled adults. On sat. i stopped to visit my consumers. I did not know we have a new house manager, she called me yelling at me b.c apparently im not allowed on the property while on disability. I had no idea i had been visiting this house and the one i worked at before it and noone said anything. Well my HR person called today and wants me to come in friday at nine and wont tell me why. I contacted my friend who was just out for the same surgery, same amount of time and she didnt have to have a meeting before she came back so its not that....Im so worried they are going to tell me im fired for breaking their rules(that i didnt even know existed!) I am screwed if i lose my job...i bring in 2 times what my hubby does and my job is what we use to pay the bills...not to mention the fact that my insurance is thru work!! Im seriously stressing here! Add that to the fact that i already didnt feel good and its just a bad bad day! Thanks for letting me vent!

turningpoint
on 4/6/11 1:47 am
Well, until you meet with HR, you won't know what they want and making guesses and stressing yourself out won't help you heal. 

I know it isn't easy, but stay focused on your health and well being until the meeting and don't assume anything...you know what assuming does, don't you?  makes an ASSoutofUandME.

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
dkwilliams1
on 4/6/11 2:17 am - AK
I feel for you- BUT, when you go to this meeting, make sure you tape it. Most phones have a voice memo app that will continuously record until you turn it off. This saved me a couple times at work, when people told me to do things then said they didn't and I was blamed. If you had no idea of that rule, make sure you clearly state that on tape, and that you were not told about this law, nor given any papers stating the rules once you got on disability. That's their fault for not informing you of your responsibilities. I wish you well !!!

laura_vermont
on 4/6/11 5:11 am
I have never heard of such a thing!  I worked in a day treatment program for many years and was on STD for maternity leave & definitely visited my folks to show them the new baby.  The people you work with surely miss having you around -- to me it shows dedication.  Sad that the house manager doesn't understand this. 

If this is the reason you've been called in, I hope that the HR person sees it for what it is.

{{{HUGS}}}
Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

cptprkchp
on 4/6/11 6:04 am
See if you can find this "rule" in any of the paperwork you have.  If you were not made aware of this rule then how could you know when you were breaking it?  If you are a good employee they may just want to have a meeting with you to clarify any rules with you.  It sounds odd and I agree with what another posted suggested- record the meeting. 

What did the house manager say to you when she called you yelling?  What was her reaction when you told her you had no idea you were breaking the rules?
DebsGiz
on 4/6/11 11:04 am - FL
I agree with CPT.  See if you can find it in paperwork you were given.

Also, if you are reprimanded for this, I would very politely and professionally request to see the rule in writing. 

Good luck!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics