Advice Wanted: 9 days until RNY

kimtres
on 4/6/11 7:05 pm - Doha, Qatar
So I'm nine days away from changing my life forever and I can't wait.  In my excitement, I don't want to overlook anything.  I'd love your advice on the following points or anything else you can think of.

What did you do in the last week to get ready? 

What do you wish you had done/known before it? 

Thanks a bunch!

yecats44
on 4/6/11 8:18 pm - Kennebunk, ME
I am 5 days away and I feel exactly the same way!! I have been on a liquid diet (protein shakes - up to 5 a day) for 2 weeks prior to surgery to shrink my liver. Going over things that I need to do. Will be glad when this part is over. So nervous, yet excited.

Good Luck to you. Hopefully we will be on the losers bench soon!!

HW 297, SW 253, CW 228, GW 155

Sookie77
on 4/6/11 9:12 pm - Milton, NH
Well The one thing I made sure was that I had my house picked up lol because my dear Father in law was going to sit with me during the day and he is a wicked neat freak lol.  But really the week before I had to work and actually worked the day before.  The one thing I would say is bring a pillow with you for the ride home.  I placed it between me and the seatbelt, not only did it help with the rubbing of the seatbelt, but helped to hold tummy in on the bumpy roads. 

You will do great and be on the other side before you know it. 

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

laura_vermont
on 4/6/11 9:36 pm
I also did the heavy cleaning the week before, remember that you won't be able to lift for about 6 weeks.  I over-shopped for post-op food... I didn't realize just how little you eat after. 

I read a lot pre-op, and the only surprise I had immediately post-op was bloody, tarry, nasty bm's (sorry - but I wish I had been warned - cut intestines + blood thinners = bloody bm's).  I have 3 family members who had WLS, I'm the only one that had this... but pack baby wipes in case.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Carla M.
on 4/7/11 2:02 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?