Week 8 and dying for a donut!

AMRubel
on 4/8/11 6:35 am
Yes...my dear friends...I admit it I have a massive donut craving right now! Sadly...I am Human...

I know I should not eat that lovely donut that is calling my name...but what do you do when you have a craving that just will NOT pass! 

I have not given into the craving...so please don't yell at me! Just want to hear how you push past these horrible feelings of desire! 

Donuts....yummmmmmmm....

Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
sherri7794
on 4/8/11 6:47 am
You and I are about the same amount out.  For me, personally, if I have a bad bad craving and it won't pass I find a way to kind of cure it by finding a substitution.  Is it that you're craving something sweet?  If so, how about a sugar-free candy?  Weigh****chers make some I like.  I don't eat them often as they're certainly not low-cal, but 1 a week I don't think could hurt?  How about a sweet protein shake?  Also eggface has a recipe for protein donuts you might try.  I don't know how far along you are as far as what you're allowed to eat.  Hopefully some of the veterans can offer better solutions than I can come up with.  Good luck :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 6:47 am - GA
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 Breathe, breathe, breathe, take a hot bath, drink lots of water.  If you make it to bed time, it won't be there tomorrow. 
Rejoyce
on 4/8/11 6:56 am - Dayton, OH
I'm not yet four weeks out and had my first donut craving yesterday.  Fortunately it was triggered by a shop I drove past and I kept driving.  I did fantacize briefly about someday eating 1/4 of one and somehow that satisfied me.  It was as though I reminded myself that it was a choice and for now that wasn't a choice I was going to make.  I felt empowered and stopped the craving and I stopped thinking about the donut.  If the donut is in your house, I would get rid of it (and I don't mean by eating it  ).  Good luck.

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

Ladytazz
on 4/8/11 6:56 am
If you like to cook here is a good recipe.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/01/time- to-make-donuts.html

Eggface and Bariatric Foodie are the go to places for our favorites made healthy.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 6:57 am
I had my surgery March 8th, and for about a week now even though I cannot and will not have anything I am not supposed to, I have been having a "craving" as well but for the HotDog place "Wiernerschnitzel" LMAO! So goood! But I found that drinkin or trying in my case(cause of my complications & reversal in 2 weeks) That drinking water or decaf tea helps me out some! Good Luck!
DComstock2010
on 4/8/11 7:43 am - CA
For the real bad cravings I find substitute. I have made the cauliflower pizza and OMG it was wonderful!! I might never eat regular pizza again!! I did have one sugar free oreo but I never really crave the sweet stuff. Check out bariatric foodie. She has become my savior!
RNY- 2/18/2011

jan8131
on 4/8/11 8:13 am
how about 100 cal bag of kettle corn popcorn? It's sweet and salty. Not every day but you get alot for 100 cal. You feel like you're being bad but you're not.

COMPARISON is the thief of all joy.
HW 255~SW 234~CW 178-GW 150
auntiekim
on 4/8/11 10:06 am - San Jose, CA
We all have cravings from time to time. I either just hang with it awhile and it usually passes. If after 10-15 min it's still there, I find a suitable sweet substitute. But I've also had a bite of birthday cake, and a bite of pastry. It satisfied my craving and I did not feel the need for more.
Kim
http://fortyisthenewfabulous.blogspot.com/
AMRubel
on 4/8/11 2:41 pm
Thank you everyone!! I am happy to report that I pushed through my craving and did not go out and get a donut! Instead I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and purchased myself a new Protein Bar!

I am in love!! I purchased an Oh! Yeah Protein Bar - Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I swear, it tasted just like a little debbie nutty bar. What a perfect substitute. I typically hate the protein bars cause they taste like poopie...but not these!! 

Thanks again for your ideas and support during this trying moment!!

Good Night!!
Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 489 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 470 views