on 4/8/11 2:38 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
LIKE BUTTON..CLICK, CLICK!!

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
Jane N.
on 4/8/11 3:05 am - Round Rock, TX
I had an "aha" moment just yesterday.  I had treated myself with a bag of air popped popcorn and found myself hiding the evidence under other trash in the trash can.  WHY?!  It was incorporated into my plan for the day, nobody cared if I ate it, and there was nothing to feel guilty about.  And yet there I was hiding it anyway.  Haven't finished pulling apart the why and wherefore of it all, but it's definitely germinating in my head.  I feel this is a turning point for me.

Cheryl W.
on 4/8/11 7:00 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
Yes, Yes, Yes.  

Is illicit eating a turn-on, is it a rebellion, is it shame and guilt?  I used to eat and binge in secret and destroy the evidence.  I was Scarlett O'Hara when you ate with me socially.  What's up with that?  You sure as hell saw the evidence of what I was doing in secret on my hips and tummy.  

When you figure this one out let me know.  

I just had a bout of this on my long drive home on a trip.  I used food (chips and a Arby's shake to stay awake) and ditched the evidence at the last gas stop.  So I know this behavior ain't extinguished in me yet.  I didn't plan for the trip very well, had trouble staying awake, so slipped into old, very bad behaviors.  Now I know better, but I don't have any solutions yet to replace the bad behavior nor know why I did this.  I guess a good nights sleep is the key to keeping up my guard.
 HW:  258  SW:  237 CW:  152      
NathanLocated
on 4/8/11 2:59 am - Carmel, ME
Nicely said!

Kim J.
on 4/8/11 3:29 am - OH
Love it Nik! So well said! I'm going to print that out, like someone else mentioned. I will refer to it often!

THANKS!
Paul C.
on 4/8/11 3:37 am - Cumming, GA
I don't cheat ever.  Because I know this is a lifestyle change for me and I can't cheat a lifestyle.  Do I eat a few corn chips and dip when at a Mexican restraunt? Hell yes do I eat a lot of them? Nope do they fit into my over all calorie and protein goals for the day? YES.

I remember very early on changing my mindset to be one of that I had to live on a diet to one where I was living a new lifestyle.  My choice of lifestyles post op allows me to enjoy a few things that those who live a different lifestyle probably shouldn't.

Nik Always enjoy you on the soap box and for telling it like IT SHOULD BE as opposed to the way it is. 
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Twinmom07
on 4/8/11 3:50 am - NC
I so needed to hear that!!! Thanks!
birthdaygirl
on 4/8/11 3:59 am - Lithonia, GA
Well, I have to admit I am a "Cheater"......I broke all the rules above and then some.....I am not perfect but somehow by the grace of God I am healthy, I lost all the weight and my labs are above normal

I don't know if I am an exception to the rule and I don't encourage others to follow my journey or path but I turned out better than okay from where I started from with the Obesity, co-morbidities, etc...

now being the lil demon I can be......quit talking about me and stay outta my closet "figuratively speaking"....lol

Oh, here is $1 million dollars because every "you"  that was said felt like a poke in my chest!....lol

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
curvaceousdiva
on 4/8/11 4:10 am - Hyattsville, MD
LMAO...
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Lady Lithia
on 4/8/11 4:26 am
You know the whole "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" 

"Cheater, Cheater, Bad Food Eater" (best I could do, feel free to improve upon it)

I really LIKE this post. I think I never felt guilt pre-op for what I ate, and I don't feel guilt now when I eat inappropriately... I just tell hubby I've been pigging out (to which he rolls his eyes) and that I'll now gain a million pounds (more eye rolling)

I try to OWN my behavior. I am the first to admit that I didn't get where I am by trying very hard..

I think everyone needs to GET this post (not read it because a lot of people don't just "get" something by reading it once)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 539 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 253 views
Recent Topics