Havent lost anything for 2+ weeks... PCOS fighting back?

psx chelly
on 4/11/11 3:26 am
Hi everyone... Just wanted to know if the PCOS is fighting me again.  I am 2.5 months out and I havent lost anything for 2+ weeks, close to 3.  I am eating as my doctor instructs, and now doing light exercise 5 days a week.  When should I start to get depressed and upset again?  :P

thanks,
-M

MSW will not settle
on 4/11/11 6:24 am

While I claim no expertise on pcos I do know what metabolic issues can do to your wls experience.  Two weeks does not sound like time to push the panic button.  Its not unusual to slow down or stop for several weeks even as a new post op.  If it goes beyond 3-4 weeks I would consult my dr or nutritionist.  However, if this is really stressing you why wait, call now. 

Even with metabolism issues you will get there.  I have yet to meet a post op with a greater metabolic challenges than I have but I made it below goal.  I also have yet to run across anyone with slower weight loss or persistent weight gain in spite of following the rules, still I'm at a normal bmi. 

Why am I talking about me?  To drive home the point that you'll be fine in the long term.  It may take you longer to get there with pcos.    Metabolic issues can cause slow, stall, and even reverse weight loss.  Stick with your program and it will come off and eventually stay off.  Think long term success as oposed to quick results. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

zorra
on 4/11/11 8:23 am - La Vergne, TN
I feel your panic. I to have pcos. Im losing tho, and I have had a few stalls. I just try to avoid the scale! are you losing inches? I do that too, lose inches while the scales dont move.
Katari
on 4/11/11 8:46 am - OR
Nope, just a natural stall.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Most Active
Recent Topics