Stomach cramps when I wake up and take meds (pill form)

ArmyWife7806
on 4/11/11 9:15 am - Wheeler AAF, HI
Is this normal? I'm 2 weeks out today and every morning when I wake up my stomach cramps so bad. At night I take my prescribed Zantac and Iron pills and my stomach cramps then too. Should I be worried? I go for my 2 week check-up tomorrow but I just wanted to see if any of you are having or have had this problem.

Thanks for the input,
Mandi
Mommy to Talan & Aden. Proud Army Wife to Dustin 
HW:306 SW:275 CW:191 GW: 135-145 ish 

Lady Lithia
on 4/11/11 9:26 am
My stomach cramps up EVERY time I use plain water......and early out my stomach was always most sensitive in the morning. You might find that using a warm beverage might help ease your tummy into use every morning.

I wouldn't call your doc, but do ask him when you see him tomorrow.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Lady Lithia
on 4/11/11 9:26 am
Are you taking the iron with Vitamin C? You really need to do that.

I'm not sure if taking an antacid and iron simultaneously is a good idea either. But I'm no guru.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Momma2nicknmike
on 4/11/11 10:07 am - Beavercreek, OH
 My stomach does this every time I drink plain water too--unless it's super cold, then it only hurts a little.  I think what you're feling is completely normal.  Hang in there girl!

Lynne    

Jessica A.
on 4/11/11 10:51 am - Auburn, AL
Same thing for me.  Mine is always grouchy in the morning.  Plain water seems to be the worst.  Initially it didn't matter what temp it was but now that i'm three months out, my pouch likes cold cold cold water the best for taking my pills.  I always have a cold one ready to go in the a.m. for my meds. 

Karen O.
on 4/11/11 11:27 am - Weirton, WV
I have found (4 weeks post-op), that I CANNOT take meds or vitamins in the morning with water. Not gonna happen. A few sips of OJ and they go down just fine. Plus the Vit. C helps the iron absorbtion. I would try taking a sip of something other than water - maybe crystal light or whatever else you like to drink - before and then slowly take them with a few more sips. That's what has worked for me. Vitamins, Iron, and meds all go down a little easier and are easier on my pouch when I take them with a few sips of OJ (or anything other than water).

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
ArmyWife7806
on 4/11/11 4:17 pm - Wheeler AAF, HI
What type of OJ do you drink? I looked every where for no sugar added OJ that my nutritionist told me I could drink but there is none here that I've been able to find. All the OJ's here have like 22-26g of sugar and I'm afraid that will make me dump... Any Suggestions?
Mommy to Talan & Aden. Proud Army Wife to Dustin 
HW:306 SW:275 CW:191 GW: 135-145 ish 

Karen O.
on 4/11/11 5:53 pm - Weirton, WV
I've been getting the Trop 50. You'll never find sugar free - just because there are natural sugars in oranges. But the Trop 50 has half the sugar. Like I said it's just a few sips too, so any sugar that's in those few sips (probably less than 2 ounces, 3 at the most) is minimal. There are 10g of sugar and 50 cal. in a cup (8 oz.), so about 3g of sugar/<20 cal to take my vitamins and KEEP them down and not feel nausous, crampy, or sick is a tradeoff I am willing to take. And so far, it's the only way I can keep them down and not get sick. You'll find something that works for you, I'm sure. Since everyone is different, it may just be a little bit of trial and error.

Hope you find something that works for you - quickly! Good luck!

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
Most Active
Recent Topics