When will I feel human again?!?!

ArmyWife7806
on 4/15/11 7:06 am - Wheeler AAF, HI
I feel like crap! I have no energy, some days I can't stand the thought of food because I'm so nauseated. I do drink fluids though even if I don't eat. Some days I can eat, other days I can't. I'm just so over being tired. I can't keep up with anything around the house or even worse my 2 boys. I take my vitamins. Ugh, I'll be 3 weeks post-op on Monday, when will this get better?

~Mandi
Mommy to Talan & Aden. Proud Army Wife to Dustin 
HW:306 SW:275 CW:191 GW: 135-145 ish 

Lady Lithia
on 4/15/11 7:08 am
It was six weeks before I began to feel like my old self, twelve weeks or so before I didn't need a sizable nap.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Tracy M.
on 4/15/11 7:34 am - KY
LL,
I am so glad you said that. I was starting to wonder about this myself. I am only a little over 3 weeks post op and I feel so tired most days and I take a nap about every afternoon.I also lost a pint of blood during surgery so I am sure that makes it worse...I live with my niece and she says that my body should have replaced the blood soon after surgery and I shouldn't be feeling so tired... She seems to think I am just being lazy.. I was wondering if she was right.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Jessica A.
on 4/15/11 8:24 am - Auburn, AL

I'm with Lady Lithia on this.  It took me about 6 weeks as well.  I'm at 12 weeks now and just starting to have energy to get into an exercise routine and getting a pep in my step.  Be patient.   It gets better.  :)

DComstock2010
on 4/15/11 8:33 am - CA
I felt pretty good about 3 weeks after aside from a little bit of pain in the tummy when I tried to do too much. When I made sure to get my fluids and my protien in I started to feel much better.
RNY- 2/18/2011

smole
on 4/15/11 8:52 am
Hi Mandi... It has been almost seven weeks for me and I just started feeling good, but the food thing still makes me nauseated.  One day the food goes good, but then again I try the next day and food is my worst enemy.  Afternoons is my worst time of the day, because I wake up full of energy, sometimes I can't wait to smell the fresh air outside, but by the afternoon all of my energy is gone and I can't even peep outside.  I hope things get better, I am really mentally hungry but my stomach says no-no.

on Surgery Day
Total Lost In All

Used2Bthin
on 4/15/11 10:01 am - Canada

I had an open bypass on March 28th as well.  I was thinking the same thing.  I am always so tired, it is worse in the mornings tho.  I am trying to eat foods that have calories to get me going.  On a very good day I get around 200 to 400 calories.  I went to the Dr. today and mentioned that I have low energy.  He kind of laughed and told me that I would feel like this for a few more weeks as my body is using the energy to heal.  I am going back to work on Monday, I am not sure how I will make it through the day without a power nap!  I have a friend who had the surgey through laperscope the same day and she is already back working and was out raking leaves yesterday!  We are all different.  I do find though that after a couple of eatings I do have more energy but napping is a blessing.

Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Most Active
Recent Topics