protein, protein, protein

Melin71
on 4/17/11 5:38 am - LA
Hola, peeps...I am desperate for some yummy protein drinks.  I've had the muscle milk, and find it to be so-so, but I'm only allowed to have 1 protein drink a day, so I thought I'd ask you fine people.  I'm all ears...! 
 Melin
hasemom
on 4/17/11 5:44 am - Wahiawa, HI
Just curious why your only allowed 1.
Melin71
on 4/17/11 5:49 am - LA
 Yeah, I'd kinda like to know the answer to that one, too!  When I went last week, they told me that Dr. wants me to get my protein through food, but about the only protein that I'm allowed right now is eggs, beans, and cheese.  All I know is that I'm craving protein, and I need some options!
 Melin
scoobydea
on 4/17/11 5:44 am - KY
Personally, I really love the Atkins brand ready to drink shakes.  I really like the milk chocolate the best.  I could drink just those and be totally happy. 

Melin71
on 4/17/11 5:49 am - LA
 And you get those where?  I'd love to try them!
 Melin
Amy R.
on 4/17/11 5:44 am, edited 4/17/11 5:45 am
Wow. You're not even two months out and your down to one protein shake a day? Wow. Funny how each surgeon has their own diet plan.

Anywho, have you tried ordering a bunch of samples from somewhere so you can see which ones you like without buying a bunch of whole tubs?

I'd try www.vitalady.com . She has samples of all of the major manufacturers and flavors and is reasonably priced. You could also go to all of the main protein peeps websites and order samples that way (ie, Unjury, Syntrax, Bariatric Advantage, Chike, etc) but to me it's just easier to go to vitalady and get everything in one place.

Good luck finding one you like, and congrats on your surgery! Enjoy the journey to a healthier you. =)

Edited to correct link
Melin71
on 4/17/11 5:53 am - LA
 I've only ever been allowed one per day, which, I too, find weird after reading how many folks on here live off of them.  I'm determined to abide by my surgeons' rules, but I'm thinking that I should have lost more weight by now, and I'm wondering if my lack of protein could be part of it.  Not to mention the wonderful muscle cramps I've been experiencing.  Thanks for the website.  No, I haven't tried any samples.  I will check this out asap!
 Melin
Lady Lithia
on 4/17/11 6:46 am
I'm three years out and I do two to four a day..... since I can't drink water, I drink protein shakes.

I also get protein from food (probably 40 to 60 g from food) but I love my protein shakes.

of course they are only 110 calories, and only one g fat and one g carbs

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

kerri3185
on 4/17/11 5:47 am - Olla, LA
I just made a vanilla shake with some fresh water melon. Yummy! I've had a long search of trying to find a protein shake that I like. Im currently using AES protein. I can get it at wal mart, and it's inexpensive. I also mix with coffee in the mornings. It's really about trial and error to find one that you like. Good luck!
Melin71
on 4/17/11 5:57 am - LA
 Thanks!
 Melin
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 343 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 179 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?