Lean Cuisine and Carbs... :( Frozen low carb meals?

psx chelly
on 4/20/11 3:39 am
LC meals seem to be really healthy..  I ate them ocasionaly pre-surgery for lunch at work.

I cant seem to find any that are reasonable on the carbs.  I actually cant find any frozen instant meals that are low carb anymore.  is that craze over?  its actually beneficial to some of us. :(

MoLawEd
on 4/20/11 3:44 am - Cambridge, MA
I'd suggest making a few big pots of food over the weekend and making your own frozen meals.

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

Laura A.
on 4/20/11 3:59 am - Manteca, CA
Although I do make most of my meals from scratch, I'm like you and occasionally like to have something on hand that is a grab-and-go kind of thing.  I but the EatRite low carb frozen foods.  You can sometimes find them in health food/health supplement stores but I usually buy them on-line.

I like the wraps and almost all flavors of the pizza.  They are a little expensive...

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

paranoidmother21
on 4/20/11 4:08 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I'm not as concerned about the fact of carbs in the frozen meals as I am about the preservatives, chemicals and sodium in them.

I'm with the other posters, and have learned to make most of my foods up in advance, and then just grab a tub from the fridge and go. I've found that since I've done that, I have fewer issues with cravings, better weight management, and less early hunger.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Linda D.
on 4/20/11 5:05 am - Armada, MI
I do occassionally grab a Lean Cuisine meal for a quick lunch when I'm working.  I buy 2 kinds -  turkey with beans and beef with broccoli.  They don't have any carbs at all - no rice, no potatoes.  Just meat and veggies.  These are perfect for me, very tasty, quick and convenient. 
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/20/11 5:06 am - OH
Actually, if you don't eat the pasta or rice in them, the carb count on some (but not all) of them is very reasonable.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

FleurDeLis
on 4/20/11 8:43 am
My NUT and PCP prefer Healthy Choice to Lean Cusine. Since we are right on top of the Stouffer factory and it's outlet store with prices usually 50-75% off, and a better selection than any grocery store, that just kills me .
Just omit some of the carbs.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 7 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views