I need some support

SONIA1415
on 4/20/11 5:14 am
I don't know what it is but NOTHING bothers me when it comes to eating. I don't know if it's because I previously had been banded so my body is used to the foods but I can eat anything without any problems. I have been practicing slowing down while eating because I am a very fast eater. I have lost about 43 lbs. in 7 weeks but it was mostly in the first month that I lost the weight. I just started ZUMBA classes again but I must have ripped a stitch because I have a constant aching pain on the right side of my incision. (I had an OPEN bypass procedure) and it really hurts at times.

After having 2 failed lapbands I am so hoping that I can learn to eat better now having this bypass surgery. I even tried a little bit of sugar and it doesn't bother me at all. I was so hoping that it would.

Ideas on what to eat now that I am 7 weeks out.

Any supportive comments would help.
nomoresugar
on 4/20/11 5:23 am
The basics include, protein first, don't drink during meals or for 30 minutes after.  While you managed a little sugar, you must know that more could cause dumping.  It will help you to BELIEVE that.  it will help to measure your food and track everything. 
Anabella
on 4/20/11 5:42 am - Fresno, CA
 Don't stress over it too much. I had RNY and I find myself eating too quickly at times, I have to tell myself "slow down girlfriend" I can pretty much eat anything with no problem. We just have to teach ourselves how to slow down and make good food choices. 

AddisynsMommy
on 4/20/11 6:10 am - FL
 I am a few weeks behind you 5 weeks out. But you are going to rock this girl! I don't know what your plan and stages are but from weeks 5-8 for me I am on soft foods and all things from week 1-4. This is what the NUT gave us as examples.. 

Chicken, turkey, fish no skin
cream soups (not blended)
Tuna, chicken, or egg salad (with mayo,
Ladytazz
on 4/20/11 6:45 am
So far I have been able to tolerate everything I have tried except sugar, thank God.  I didn't try it intentionally, I just didn't read the label of some sugar free syrup I bought that wasn't sugar free and I found out I dumped, which is fine for me since I have no business eating it anyway if I want to stay healthy.
For the first few months I would get sic****asionally when I tried chicken or beef that was too dry but I haven't thrown up since then.
I also have a hard time slowing down and chewing well.  I make a conscious effort to do it but I'm not perfect.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

afrog777
on 4/20/11 1:13 pm - Houston, TX
I also had a fail lap band. You have a lot of options to eat. I would eat small curd cottage cheese, greek yogurt, carbmasters yogurt, tuna/chicken salad, lunch meat rollups (2oz of lunch meat and 1 slice of swiss cheese), turkey chili (still a favorite), I had problems with ground meat so I stayed away from it. Amazon sell a WLS cookbook that has a lot of great recipes.

Good luck! You can do this!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics