Pretzels and peanut butter???

afrog777
on 4/19/11 11:21 am - Houston, TX
Ok first let me say I try and stay away from peanut butter because I LOVE it so much :) So today was my high intensity day and I will allow myself to eat  them once a week. I counted out my 17 pretzels and 1 tbsp of peanut butter ate them (only 10 pretzels) and have felt SICK ever since. I mean my stomach immediately bloated up and I was so gassy now Im still feeling very nauseated and bloated.

What happened? Can we take pepto or something?

Ladytazz
on 4/19/11 11:40 am
I don't believe we can take Pepto.  I think it is a NSAID.  You may want to check to be sure.
Have you eaten pretzels before?  I have  heard that some people have that reaction to white flour.  I take  Gas Ex when I get that way.  You may want to see if you can find some whole grain pretzels and see if that helps.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/19/11 12:15 pm - OH
Pepto isn't an NSAID, but is a salicylate (as is aspirin). Many surgeons discourage using it, but some say ok. (Wish they could all come to some agreement on these things...)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

afrog777
on 4/19/11 11:53 am - Houston, TX
Thanks Im going to take the gas ex now. I have had pretzels before but not that often and I dont think I will be eating them again. The peanut butter is a low fat/low sugar type.

wendybear1
on 4/19/11 12:17 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Refined carbs do that for us sometimes. Take the gas x. I hope you feel better!

amymitches
on 4/20/11 5:21 am - Beverly, MA
love your signature

Most Active
Recent Topics