Where were you at 10 months out

scorer14
on 4/22/11 8:51 am - Peterborough, On, Canada
Hi Everyone, this is the first time I have posted on this board, wanted a fresh opinion you could say.  I'm 10 months out and have lost 128lbs and close to 70 inches.  I currently eat around 1100 to 1300 calories a day, do at least 1/2 hour of cardio a day and do about 30 mins of weights three/four times a day.  My concern is that I have only lost around 16lbs since Christmas, my weight lost has really slowed down. I'm sure that I'm building muscles, but it's hard to see except in my arms because my belly is so jiggly (lol).  I would like to know where others were at 10 months out.  I don't know if I should decrease my calories, increase my workouts (I'm currently at modesty intensity).  I don't go back to see the dietian and doctor for another two months.  My goal is to lose another 25-30lbs and I know it will slow down, but I'm a little concerned it has stopped as the scale has been stalled for about two months.

Thanks

Cheryl

HW - 315, Optifast SW - 291, CW 173.4 Total Weight Loss 141.6  lbs

Happymommy14
on 4/22/11 12:22 pm - Brookline, NH
I'm in the same situation as you, I'm interested in the responses you may get.   I'm down over 120 pounds...cardio and weights 3 to 4 times a week for 30min plus...eating right...and I'm hardly losing...didn't lose for over a month...and just last week lost 3 pounds...wondering what I should be doing to lose my last 15 to 20 to goal.  Good luck!!

mandajolyn
on 4/22/11 12:25 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Stalls are normal. Your weight loss is going to be unlike others. I was in a similar place at ten months out, I keep a blog on here so you can take a look at it if you think it might help. I haven't been on top of tracking my calories but they are under 1000 and my activity level is moderate exercise which I'm increasing! You're probably not done losing, I slowed down and then picked hp again, it tends to go in waves! Are you taking in enough protein, fluids? Don't give up, you've come a long way and you're not done!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

LawyerGirl
on 4/22/11 2:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 I think everyone varies, but at around 9.5 or 10 months I changed up my exercise routine.  Prior to that, my main activity was line dancing (R&B line dancing) and walking.  I was losing, but it had slowed down.  I would walk at least a mile at lunch time every day and then line dance for like an hour or two in the evening.  But when I went to my support group meeting in month 9, the surgical team brought in a Zumba instructor.  I loved it and immediately started looking for Zumba classes.  I found some at a local gym and went several times a week.  Doing that really jupstarted my weight loss.
I'm not saying it's Zumba for you, but I think sometimes doing something different can kick things into gear.

Good luck.

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views