Birth control 1yer post Rny LADIES Only!

jaknalbant
on 4/25/11 10:28 am - Charlotte, NC
Help me out please! i need to get a new birth control my mirena was removed (times  was up) and i had real bad side effects from it while it was in place. now i need to take something else but want to stay away from iud's and the nuva ring i dont want anything up there after 5yrs with the mirena. so can i take the pill? will i absorb it? what do you use? how is it working 4u?

antntar
on 4/25/11 11:23 am - philadelphia, PA
Have you thought about the patch?

jaknalbant
on 4/25/11 1:02 pm - Charlotte, NC
yes but cant find a gyn around me that will prescribe it
Laura in Texas
on 4/25/11 11:24 am
I was on depo shots for a while.  I did not gain any weight while on them but I felt like the hormones made me CRAZY!!  I'm not on anything now and feel much better (but my boyfriend is fixed ).

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jaknalbant
on 4/25/11 1:03 pm - Charlotte, NC
i was thinking bout depo but everyone tells me about the weight gain and my doctor dosent recomend it 4me because of that. oooo lucky you that ur bf got fixed!!!i'm enveous!!!
LawyerGirl
on 4/25/11 11:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
 I'm on the pill.  I've been on it since about six months post surgery.  It's gone pretty well, with one exception.  I had one month where my period came a week earlier than it was supposed to.  I addressed the issue with the nurse practitioner from my surgical team and my primary care doctor.  The nurse practitioner said it may have been "some type of hormonal thing," but that it should not be surgery related.  She said that the manner in which the anatomy is changed with RNY would not affect the absorption of the pill.
My primary care doctor seemed to be of a slightly different mindset.  She  said it might be worth considering an alternative method.  I'm going to discuss that with her when I go for my appointment in a few weeks.  
As I said, this happened only once.  The other months have been perfectly fine.
Good luck! 

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
jaknalbant
on 4/25/11 1:04 pm - Charlotte, NC
thanxs 4 ur input & ur experience
StillHopefulinAZ
on 4/25/11 11:36 am
I had my Mirena removed becuase of side effects too.  I have been on Loestrin24Fe.  So far so good.  Light to little periods. 
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

lee12197
on 4/25/11 12:35 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
What side effects were you guys having on your mirena? Im just curious b.c i have had mine about 2 months now and was wondering what i may expect....

jaknalbant
on 4/25/11 1:08 pm - Charlotte, NC
iud got lost 3months after insertion. iud caused ovarian cysts, and did damage to my cervix. i had surgery 5 days ago to get it out the strings of the iud had gotten wrapped around the device so there was nothing to pull on. now im left w/ cysts on my ovaries hoping ands praying that my body will re-absorb them. they can get painful. they also did a d & c and i had to have biopsy of my cervix to make sure everything is ok w/it...i'm still waiting for my results.

Most Active
Recent Topics