Home made Low Carb snack ideas?

psx chelly
on 4/29/11 5:24 am

Someone told me about cheese "chips"... but I'm not sure how to make them.  Something about putting a little pile of shredded cheese on parchment paper then baking?

Someone also mentioned a little bit of low fat cream cheese on smoked salmon.....

Anyone have any other low carb snack ideas to share that are good for "us" ?

I am really looking for good "on the go" type things that can be put in a little zip lock and snuck into the movies or put in my bag for work.

steve D.
on 4/29/11 5:28 am - West Fargo, ND
I like light salted and roasted edamame.  Helps with my crunchy fix.  Some carbs but  not bad in relation to the protein.

Also, 1% cottage cheese with Turkey Pepperoni crisps are good (nuke the pepperoni in the microwave).  My friend Kelly has this for breakfast a lot.

Get good at reading nutrition labels.  You will find a lot of things you might not think of.

good luck
steve

kyutzy
on 4/29/11 5:45 am - Arlington, TX
 Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com or bariatricfoodie.com.  Both have wonderful recipes.  Hope you f ind something that will work for you.
Mara C.
on 4/29/11 5:49 am - Millbury, MA

a couple of my favorites are soy crisps (love the bbq ones), deviled eggs, greek yogurt with bluberries, carrots & hummus, akins protein bars.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Carrie W.
on 4/29/11 5:54 am - KY
I just made chicken and ham pinwheels.  You beat a chicken breast until it's 1/4" thick.  Season to taste.  Then put a slice of ham on each chicken breast and roll it up with the chicken on the outside.  Bake for 35 minutes and chill.  I brought this to work today for lunch.  4oz and 44g protein.  I eat it with a little honey mustard. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Price S.
on 4/29/11 7:08 am - Mills River, NC
cheese sticks
any deli meat and cheese roll up
pepperoni chips (put pepperoni on a paper towel, cover with a papertowel and nuke 1 min)

roasted kale

wash, take stems out and tear into pieces a bunch of kale
spin dry
put on a baking dish
sprinkle with olive oil and salt
roast at 300 for about 30 min until crispy

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics