how sad and pathetic am I?

newtintn
on 4/29/11 6:39 am - TN
Mom made pizza for the kids...the smell was too much...I chewed two pieces and spit them out. OMG IT TASTED SO GOOD! Didnt swallow, I chewed it and spit it which is gross but man that was the BEST pizza ive ever had. Hopefully I got my "fix" now lol. Please tell me osmeone else has done this...again im 10 days post op 

Rejoyce
on 4/29/11 6:47 am - Dayton, OH
It was just some of the toppings for me, but I spit it out too.  Remembered thinking it tasted great too.  I didn't repeat it and encourage you to do likewise!

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

bowlwidow
on 4/29/11 6:48 am - IN
I'm sure someone has done it, but not willing to admit it.  lol 

Just be very careful, next time you might not spit it out and it could also lead to a scary eating disorder.  Good luck on your journey.

Christy

HW/SW/CW/GW
324/287125/130      

cate81
on 4/29/11 6:49 am
 yup

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 7:25 am - Santa Cruz, CA
So what you want is the flavor of the pizza. Try putting some good pasta sauce on your ricotta cheese, sprinkle with parmesan, and enjoy!!!

No guilt!
DComstock2010
on 4/29/11 7:45 am - CA
I licked a california roll once. I did eat the cheese off of a slice of pizza once but it was technically on my list of foods I could have.

Once you go to soft foods google the recipie for cauliflower pizza. It tastes just like regular pizza. I love it and we have it once a week. I hardly miss regular pizza at all and best of all I have NO guilt afterwards!
RNY- 2/18/2011

keepitoff91
on 4/29/11 8:19 am
My husband brought home pizza.  I love pizza.  Going to my room to read my book.
elleis160
on 4/29/11 8:21 am - Charlotte, NC
I had my surgery around Thanksgiving. I chewed dressing and spit it out.  Dont make it a habit.
newtintn
on 4/29/11 9:04 am - TN
 Next week i do plan on trying the ricotta cheese and marinara sauce idea...not sure about cauliflower though..hate the stuff. I just felt the need to taste something other than cream soup and pudding and to CHEW something besides a popsicle lol. I dont plan on making it a habit ...but cant say I wont do it again. If such a minor thing will get me a "fix" from time to time I see nothing wrong with it. Cant wait til next week and some FF cream cheese spread on deli ham...mmmmm

mshelf3
on 4/29/11 12:53 pm
 I was a huge(in every sense of the word) pizza lover before surgery. That is the one thing now that even though I craved it at first, knowing how I would feel if I ate it like I used to, it doesn't even really tempt me anymore. If someone wants pizza, and it is a cracker thin crust- at this point I can eat a very small piece- but the regular crust NO WAY. I make sure to dot as much grease off as well. I get sick with grease. 
Good luck. 
  HW:398 SW:378 GW:180(DR.) 160(me)

Most Active
Recent Topics