File Passed on for SURGICAL SCHEDULING!!!!!

prettyinpink766
on 4/30/11 4:32 pm - Detroit, MI

OK, SO YESTERDAY IM ON A FIELD TRIP WITH MY SON TO GREENFIELD VILLAGE AND I CHECK MY VOICEMAIL WHILE ON THE BUS OF SCREAMING RAGING PRE TEENS,LOL.I GET THE MESSAGE OF MY LIFE! "MRS. MARTIN" I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALL SET TO GO AND I HAVE PASSED YOUR FILE ON TO SURGICAL SCHEDULING???!!!!!!. IMMEDIATELY I BEGAN TO CRY AND I HAD TO CATCH MYSELF BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO ALARM ANYONE. I AM SO HAPPY, IT HAS BEEN A LITTLE OVER A YEAR SINCE I STARTED THIS JOURNEY (LOOKING INTO IT, RESEARCHING, TRYING TO LOSE IT ON MY OWN ETC) SINCE 2003. I WENT ON TO CHECK MY OTHER MESSAGE AND IT WAS (IM ASSUMING A WOMAN FROM SCHEDULING FROM THE CLINIC. I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET HER ON THE PHONE DURING THE REST OF THE DAY, SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL MONDAY. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY SURGICAL SCHEDULING. I HAVE MY OWN IDEA AS YOU CAN SEE, BUT I JUST WANT TO BE SURE,LOL..WHAT TO EXPECT ANY ADVICE, TIPS ETC IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. FORGIVE ME FOR THE CAPS, IM SO EXCITED I CANT SLEEP. THIS IS FOR THE GASTRIC BYPASS BTW! THANKS FRIENDS ON THE LOSERS BENCH!! :)

prettyinpink766
on 4/30/11 4:54 pm - Detroit, MI
OH, i also wanted to know how far off is the date usually? Does go by your insurance? My insurance is Medicare and medicaid. Thanks
vabtrfly
on 4/30/11 4:55 pm - Durham, NC
Congratulations to you; I'm happy for you. When my surgeon's office called me to schedule, she scheduled me for the surgery date and informed me that the hospital will call me the day before the surgery with the time of the surgery.  The lady also scheduled me for more testing (EKG, more blood work, and to speak with a nurse about anesthesia), and the pre-op group class that informs you of what to expect before surgery, the surgery day, and after surgery.  I'm still new with this whole thing, I had RNY on 4/19, but if you have any questions, I'll answer it the best way I can.  Good luck on your new journey.
_Karen
on 4/30/11 10:50 pm - Clearwater, FL
Mine was scheduled about 6 weeks after I got the phone call.  Make sure your tests are all done within the 30 days of surgery as they will make you redo them if not.  ( I learned this the hard way and it cost me extra)

prettyinpink766
on 5/1/11 2:07 am - Detroit, MI
Thank you ladies!! Im so excited and nervous when i think about what my new birthday will be :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 52 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views