ok, I'm home... now what ???

dkwilliams1
on 5/2/11 7:03 am - AK
I had my surgery last Thursday (), and was feeling like a fleet of busses ran over my ass... then they gave me Roxicet !!! OMG !!! it is now my best friend- as the S!@# in the pain pump was doing NOTHING. I came home with a prescrip. for the "Wonder Drug", and I've only had to take a teaspoon on two separate occasions. I'm sharing this in case you have a drug that doesn't work for you too.  So, I am home now, with an abdomen that my 14yr old son says "You look like you were gang-stabbed!!!" I said, thanks honey, just what I wanted to hear...ha ha ha. I think he plays too many of those fighting XBOX games.  I keep having a feeling of a lump in my throat ??? then it goes away. When I try to eat something (Muscle Milk, Broth, Applesauce) after a few sips or two-three spoonfulls I think my baby pouch says "ENOUGH" so I stop. Is that really all I can eat now? three teaspoons of applesauce or some sips of broth??? One good thing- I haven't thrown up yet I guess i'll keep sucking down the broth...

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/2/11 7:23 am - OH
Yes, when you are newly post-op, that may very well be all your pouch can handle.  Remember, it has been newly created so is tender right now.

Why are you expecting to throw up?!?  Most people have NO problems with vomiting...  I think maybe you have been reading too many of the posts here from the minority of people who have trouble afterwards! ;)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

dkwilliams1
on 5/2/11 7:29 am - AK
yeah, I try to read what happens to athers to get an idea what to expect, guess I need to stop that. Thank you for replying

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/2/11 9:14 am - OH
It's great to know what MIGHT happen, but please keep in mind that the majority of people who post here who are newly post-op with problems are posting BECAUSE they are having problems.  The people who don't have any trouble don't generally have any reason to post... so it might appear that the vomiting and nausea and strictures and whatever are MUCH more common than they really are.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

shirleyfhoffman
on 5/2/11 7:26 am - CA
So glad to hear you made it home with no complicatioins and that you aren't having any problems with throwing up!!!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Holly O.
on 5/2/11 7:29 am - FL
Way to go!! You are doing awesome!!  Glad you found a drug that works well for pain!! 
   Holly                                      
dkwilliams1
on 5/2/11 7:31 am - AK
thank you Holly O., I'm gonna' take it one day at a time...

dkwilliams1
on 5/2/11 7:30 am - AK
 thanks a million !!!

Michellem8991
on 5/2/11 8:00 am - CT
Boy I know that feeling. I had that lump in my throat for about a week or so. That was from the breathing tube they used in surgery. As for eating anything I had to drink 2 oz of ensure 3 times a day and as much broth and non calorie fluid as I could handle. I started back to food with eggs. I had one hard boiled egg with low fat mayo. It was the best meal I ever had. Good luck its a trip figuring out what works and what doesn't I'm sorta getting it. Its all good and a gift. Best thing I ever done for me and only me.
dkwilliams1
on 5/2/11 1:31 pm - AK
thanks, I  am soooo sick of broth, but then, I dont want to starve, so, I sip my broth ...

Most Active
Recent Topics