FRUSTRATED!!!!

needtoloseweight
on 5/5/11 1:40 am - Oxon Hill, MD
I've been bouncing the same two pounds back and forth for the last three weeks. It is so frustrating.  I know that stalls happen but I didn't expect it to last this long.  This is the same problem I had prior to surgery. I would lose and gain the same few pounds over and over.  I did not go through all the hell of the first 6 weeks just to end up weighing 275lbs!  This SUCKS!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 1:53 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Patience, Grasshopper.

It will come off.  Just keep on doing what you're supposed to be doing and STAY OFF THE SCALE.

The number on a wheel or in a window is not important. 

Hang in there.
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 5/5/11 2:06 am - Belleville, IL
Yes, what Lynn said...

It isn't a "stall" until it has been over a month+ and even then, it is NORMAL. Do a search on here for "Stall" or "plateau" and see how normal it is. For nearly 3 months I was bouncing the same 3 lbs back and forth.... It's normal.

I am still completely satisfied with my surgery (even if I never lose another ounce or gain a few pounds) because I am so much HEALTHIER! The surgery was a sucess for me just after a 30 lb loss and if I had never lost another pound no biggie...

Unless you are actively "outeating" your surgery, it WILL come off.  Also if you do a lot of weight lifting/training like me, you will GAIN some weight. (It's all muscle weight) even though my clothing sizes have been shrinking.

Just our bodies adapting...
Warmly,
Jackie

needtoloseweight
on 5/5/11 2:28 am - Oxon Hill, MD
Thank you Lynn and Jackie.  I'm trying my best to be patient because I know these things will happen from time to time. Have a blessed day!

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 2:36 am
I am in the same boat as you I got so down this morning doing my one month weigh in and finding it was only 12 lbs I lost more before my surgery, I know I havebeen dieting for over a year and my body is used to low calories and is adjusting, I expected more than 12 for 4 weeks out but i slapped my self got on my treadmill and mashed it out got off with a smile knowing im doing it no matter what the scales say my clothes are looser and im happier thats what counts good luck
mspiccolo
on 5/5/11 3:35 am - Camarillo, CA
I know it's hard to be patient but try.  Follow the rules and it will come off. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 4:36 am - Boston, MA
 I'm 7 weeks out and I have already had a 2 weeks stall and I just ended a 3 week stall.  I spoke to my NUT and she said I was not having eough calories (about 500 a day) and needed 800, I upped my calories 2 days ago and I've lost 3 lbs in those 2 days.  Try adding a few calories and see what happens!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 17 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views