Judgments - venting

navymom13760
on 5/8/11 6:37 am - Endicott, NY
So, my youngest sister (I'm #3 of 4) made breakfast for us all this morning.  It was wonderful.  We all arrived at her house early to help out with our spouses and kids.  Well, don't ya know that someone had to make a comment about how much I was eating.  Let me say this, I would have put her in her place but it was my niece and she's having marital issues and is very emotional now so I didn't want to rock the boat...  Anyway, I politely said no, I didn't over eat.  I had 1 scrambled egg, 6 pieces of cut up fruit and 3 french toast "sticks" that was about the size of 1 slice of bread. 

I guess I'm to the point where I'm sick of allowing myself to be bothered by someone else's opinions.  For the love of God, I'm 47 years old and a grandmother.  Why should what some 20ish child matter to me?  The answer is that yes, I still have body issues.  Ugh...  does it ever go away?

Thanks for letting me vent.

I am perfectly content being perfectly UN-perfect

Start Weight 292/Surgical Weight 266/Current Weight 150

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 7:58 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You're a lot more polite than I would have been.

The proper response to someone else commenting about your food intake: "What business is it of yours?"

Hang in there, Kid!
carly44
on 5/8/11 10:31 am - hazlet, NJ
True, thats the answer I would give too! Except a similar thing happened to me today and it was my MOM, so I couldn't say what I would have liked to......my brother and his family and my family  were at mom/dad's place and we decided to have cheese,crackers and some fresh fruit for lunch as my bro is 3 yrs post op and I am just 5 weeks........wanted to keepit healthy. Ihad 4 whole grain crackers and 1 lite laughing cow cheese wedge, 1 strawberry and exactly 2 whole grain tortilla chips and salsa and my mom says "Carleen you need to slow it down because you're eating too much! No wonder you haven't lost any weight in a week!" I was SO EMBARRASSED, I wanted to crawlunder the table. Everything stopped, it got quiet....and then my dad quietly says "Leave the woman alone for god's sake". THen came the lecture. So believe me, I sympathize my friend. Just remember you only have to answer to yourself, you are in control, and let no one discourage you!

BTW, i came home and weighed myself. Down 3 more pounds. In your face, Mom!

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 7:02 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Good for your dad!!  I hope you gave him a giant hug!!
needtoloseweight
on 5/8/11 1:29 pm - Oxon Hill, MD
I get questioned everytime I go out to eat with my son and mother. We went out today and I got the usual questions...Are you supposed to be eating that? Won't that make you sick? I thought you couldn't eat sugar?(mind you it was a pack of splenda and not regular sugar. It's frustrating and a little offensive as if they think they know better then I do about what I can eat.  So hugs to you. I think you shuld wait until your not upset anymore and then try to talk to your mom about it so she doesn't make that mistake again.

Most Active
Recent Topics